18 for Huddersfield and score predictions

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

:manager:

You really are one on your own. 

Again, remind me where FF played in our 2 wins over Huddersfield this season?

He played striker.

So basically, given that you also want Hutch back, and Bannan wide, you want us to go back to last season's final side, with Fletch for Hooper.

Not me. 

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He played striker.

So basically, given that you also want Hutch back, and Bannan wide, you want us to go back to last season's final side, with Fletch for Hooper.

Not me. 

There was nothing wrong with last seasons final side. It was virtually the same side that convincingly beat Brighton in the semi. Bannan was on the left (as he was for most of last season) and FF was up top (as he was for most of last season). Lopez/Hutch alongside Lee.

The players just didnt turn up on the day and an experienced manager did a bit of a job on us.

You seem to suffer with selective memory. 

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Change from two out and out strikers, which has produced goals and wins.

I don't want a return to the one-goal-per game line up.

So you think our top scorer, stops us scoring? Sounds ridiculous doesnt it. It is.

Team picks itself until the forwards if Hooper is unfit. Regardless of what people think of him his return has coupled with our upturn in form, so it will be very interesting to see how CC shuffles the pack in his absence. In recent games he has been that missing link that we were crying out for, so with no natural fit replacement I think the system picked is slightly different to the one we were so successful in during the run in as IMO neither Fletch nor Rhodes is a natural in that link up role as Hooper. Definitely one based around being solid to wether the inevitable first 20/30 mins onslaught from Huddersfield. I just can't see Hudds wanting to just ease themselves into the game and IMO they will try to stretch the game right from minute one. 1-1 at their place with Kieran Lee scoring for us,  2-1 at ours Wednesday. Team for Sunday. 

Westwood 

Pudil Loovens Lees Hunt

Reach Bannan Lee Wallace 

Rhodes Fletch 

Subs used 

FF 

Hutch 

Perhaps Jones (if fit)/Semedo 

For me this appears the most logical system CC will deploy, given the players at his disposal. 

Keeper picks himself.

95% of people agree our best back four.

In my opinion our best two central midfield players are Hutchinson and Lee. 

Best on right is Wallace.

Best on Left is Forestieri if fit else Reach.

Up front I'd play Fletcher and Rhodes our best two available strikers.

9 hours ago, zzmdu said:

So you think our top scorer, stops us scoring? Sounds ridiculous doesnt it. It is.

Only when you put it like that.

When you want to make sense of it, it's not rediculous at all...

Wonderful exciting FF plays the link role, leaving pretty much one up front and a tireless but low scoring Reach down the left = the team scores one per game.

Wonderful exciting FF plays down the left, allowing two out and out strikers to play up top = team scores two per game

FF out or sub and we play two out and out strikers = team scores over 1.5 goals per game

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Wonderful exciting FF plays the link role, leaving pretty much one up front and a tireless but low scoring Reach down the left = the team scores one per game.

Wonderful exciting FF plays down the left, allowing two out and out strikers to play up top = team scores two per game

FF out or sub and we play two out and out strikers = team scores over 1.5 goals per game

Yep, I agree, if fit enough, we have to get our top scorer in the starting line up.

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I told you months ago FF will never start a big game for us on the left . He hasn't and he won't.

Also people praising how Hoopers

link play has made all the difference and now want to play two strikers, Rhodes and Fletcher with neither of them being link players. Bemusing.

If Carlos starts these two, and he might, I predict hoof ball

If FF was 100% fit I think he should and would start in Hooper's absence 

17 hours ago, York_Owl said:

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Lee

Hutch

Bannan

Wallace

Fletcher

Forestieri

Like that. Think it would give us balance and get players in their best positions.

However.....no chance at this stage the 4-4-2 will be ditched. Especially with the collection of strikers at our disposal. 

47 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I told you months ago FF will never start a big game for us on the left . He hasn't and he won't.

Also people praising how Hoopers

link play has made all the difference and now want to play two strikers, Rhodes and Fletcher with neither of them being link players. Bemusing.

If Carlos starts these two, and he might, I predict hoof ball

If FF was 100% fit I think he should and would start in Hooper's absence 

A while ago I might have agreed with you. Not now.

When we were fielding badly lop-sided teams we were clueless getting the ball forward. Now we attack left, right and through the centre.

Pudil and Reach work superbly coming forwards.

Wallace and Hunt are superb coming forward.

Lee and Bannan are far more creative and attacking than any other pairing.

I see no chance that we will use hoof-ball with the current line-up. Bannan will demand and receive, and has Lee, two wideman and two attackers all making themselves available for his pass. No need for crab football followed by a hoof anymore.

And its nothing to do with the choice of front two anyway. This season we played hoof-ball with a diminutive attack.

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Like that. Think it would give us balance and get players in their best positions.

However.....no chance at this stage the 4-4-2 will be ditched. Especially with the collection of strikers at our disposal. 

Very true. Will definitely be the good old 4-4-2 in which case I would pick:

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Lee

Hutchinson

Reach

Fletcher

Forestieri

1 minute ago, York_Owl said:

Very true. Will definitely be the good old 4-4-2 in which case I would pick:

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Lee

Hutchinson

Reach

Fletcher

Forestieri

I don't think it will be far removed from that. Though much depends on Fernandos fitness. I think they'll give him every opportunity to rest himself where possible. 

The other thing is the midfield.  Hutchinson so often a shoe in.  Does he go back in at the expense of Bannan who has been looking a lot sharper of late?

Assuming they are fit enough I would play both. Hutchinson has been the player of the season for me and he gives us a physical presence and leadership that we lack a bit without him. And I still think FF is the best footballer at the club and ideally suited to the number ten role in a 4-4-2.

Got to be continuation of winning formula:

Westwood

Pudil

Lees

Loovens

Hunt

Reach

Bannan

Lee

Wallace

Fletch

Hooper (or FF/Winnall)

Subs:

Wildsmith

Sasso

Hutch

Buckley

Nuhiu

FF/Winnall

Rhodes

Also enjoying attacking nature of having both Bannan and Lee in the middle. Bannan and Jones/Hutch too defensive and slow approach. 

Edited by sjowl