Carlos threatened to walk from interview

So, first of all was a rumour in the Telegraph which I passed off as some southern sh it stirrer trying to cause unrest.

Then Staton I think picked up on the story and I thought was giving it more credence than what it was due.

Now Giddings has jumped on the bandwagon, thought Carlos had made it clear that he wasn't bothered about himself only the team which I believe is true. So, we are left with what scenarios,

1) Carlos thinks only of the team and his own performance and he's pissed off with continuously answering the same question.

2) Carlos has decided to call it quits after the play offs, he wants to go home to his family, whatever happens.

3) Carlos is frightened to death of losing his job, he feels the pressure and he snapped.

4) Giddings is a sh it stirring pig (well this one doesn't come into it really but thought i'd put it out there.

I believe 2 and 4 to be the correct answers

17 minutes ago, A12owl said:

That still doesn't give any evidence. You have just made that up yourself.

Nobody on here knows about Pardew. Do they?

I'm sure it was all over a thread earlier on in season, like I said "don't shoot me"

There was a piece in The Star recently quoting inside sources claiming sacking Carlos was never considered, and that DC is handing him another contract regardless of the outcome of the play-offs. And Carlos seems to absolutely love it here.

I hope and believe he's staying. 

Edited by Shezza

Didn't Carlos sign a new 3 year contract last summer? 

He then says his contract is up this summer.

Journalists ask what the situation is, then the journalist gets grief for asking and nobody is none the wiser what the situation is. 

I listened to that alan biggs show last night with carlos and knew that Giddens etc would ask him about contract today as he said he signed a 3 year deal in summer now only till summer . he aint done nowt wrong he was asking a question anybody would have asked . the way I see it is 100% he stays if we go up and 95% sure he leaves if we don't go up . if he wanted to stay he should have said I will stay while everyone fans chansiri want him to. the answer he gave to me means he already knows what he will do in summer.

Whatever, if anything, is going off, AG has had a good go at trying to cause friction at the worst possible time for us. I think its extremely sh1tty. He seems to also have the support of his P&G cronies, I thought the justification of it tonight bordered on arrogance. UTO.

19 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

Whatever, if anything, is going off, AG has had a good go at trying to cause friction at the worst possible time for us. I think its extremely sh1tty. He seems to also have the support of his P&G cronies, I thought the justification of it tonight bordered on arrogance. UTO.

UTO Mrs Hall...UTO.

36 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I listened to that alan biggs show last night with carlos and knew that Giddens etc would ask him about contract today as he said he signed a 3 year deal in summer now only till summer . he aint done nowt wrong he was asking a question anybody would have asked . the way I see it is 100% he stays if we go up and 95% sure he leaves if we don't go up . if he wanted to stay he should have said I will stay while everyone fans chansiri want him to. the answer he gave to me means he already knows what he will do in summer.

i havnt heard any of this but the press conference(i think) was about the fulham game so it's understandable if carlos doesent want to talk about personal stuff ....if carlos called a presser about his contract would they ask him if hutch was playing in the next game ?.......all that matters is the next 3 weeks anything else  should be on the back burner till the play offs are sorted and the local journo's should respect that ....good on carlos for more or less telling him to feck off

4 hours ago, Dave DJ said:

To be fair they are only asking a question Carlos has brought on himself, a year ago he said he signed a 3 year contract and now he's saying it's 1 year.

If we announced Hutchinson had signed for another 3 years, but then suddenly with one game to go it came out he was on a free surely people would ask questions?

Good point this. Journalists didn't ask anything untoward at all

I hope I'm wrong but I fear Carlos wants to move on now. He obviously wouldn't want that to disrupt the team especially at this time. Love to see him at Hillsborough next year but I doubt he'll be there. I get the impression a 3 year deal was on offer and he didn't want it.

If ever there was a manager whose comments you could take at face value, Carlos seems to be the one. Stop overthinking it and just listen to what the guy is saying plain as day.

I really don't think it's very complicated, he's made very clear that he will stay as long as he is wanted by the "triangle" of fans, players and chairman. I completely believe him when he says he'd walk if one of those groups no longer backed him.

The reason he hasn't publicly committed himself to next season is because he knows, as well as any Owlstalk reader should know, that the picture of fans opinion could be completely different if we don't make it to Wembley or win there in a few weeks.

I hope he stays regardless of what happens in the playoffs, but I think the answer to whether he does or not will partly be down to how we all collectively react.

Guest Coyt

Giddings should stick to doing what he does best... creaming his pants over the pig's in commentaries.