The credit where it's due

Rotherham at home...lost three key players and won. Never, ever had a doubt after that except for the bogey teams and hoofball teams....hoodoos gone...hoofball dealt with... Warnock gone. QPR gone. Derby gone, Mick gone...but we all thought it was the Wednesday Way..doubt creeps in and we all worry...it's are who we are and frankly I'm giving all the credit to the...... Buddhist priest lol

Without serious injuries to key players nobody would have questioned CC....UTO..

24 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

were you critical or did you call for his head ?

One is defensible the other was totally unjustified as i and others pointed out at the time not now with hindsight 

No. I doubted whether he was the man who could take us forward. 

I also agreed he probably should and would be sacked if we dropped out the playoff spots and failed to get back in.

But I never directly called for his immediate sacking.

32 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

It's all about fine lines and small margins.

Last year we were very good going forward.

This year we are more pragmatic and defensive in our play.

A fine tweak and next we will get in the top two.             

Champions League here we come.

Was gunna neg you til I scrolled down lol

If we aren't playing as well as we can then it's only fair to grumble.

Some people went over board yeah but others made their point and whether Carlos or the players took any notice or not, they did improve.

And that's all people wanted.

We have a real steely feel about us now and even if we don't play like Barcelona we can beat anyone.

Credit to Carlos and the lads.

15 minutes ago, poite said:

No. I doubted whether he was the man who could take us forward. 

I also agreed he probably should and would be sacked if we dropped out the playoff spots and failed to get back in.

But I never directly called for his immediate sacking.

"Last season we were a great team. This season he's turned us into Derby. Bags of individual talent But no idea how to stick it all together. It's time to bring back the Messiah. If not, Alan Pardew."

This sounds as though you were calling for Carlos to go or have I misread something from your previous post?

I too was very critical of Carlos but I think it was deserved at time and we were slipping out of the playoffs, I also said he should go if we don't get promoted and still believe it in a way but after the last 6 games, I believe that maybe he probably should have another chance next season if we don't make it, I'm proudly holding my hands up and saying sorry I was wrong and I'm delighted I was wrong, so let's win these playoffs and we can all have a great summer

28 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

"Last season we were a great team. This season he's turned us into Derby. Bags of individual talent But no idea how to stick it all together. It's time to bring back the Messiah. If not, Alan Pardew."

This sounds as though you were calling for Carlos to go or have I misread something from your previous post?

No I wasn't. I was suggesting we bring back megson or get Alan pardew in as assistant managers to help Carlos lol

I've been a knobhead against CC from the away burton game, so much so that I don't feel it right to go to the playoff final. 

Some of the football this season has been Shockingly boring. But what CC has done over the last six games to go from doom to glory has made me think it all over. 

My hat is off to you Carlos. 

3 minutes ago, KernowOwl said:

I've been a knobhead against CC from the away burton game, so much so that I don't feel it right to go to the playoff final. 

Some of the football this season has been Shockingly boring. But what CC has done over the last six games to go from doom to glory has made me think it all over. 

My hat is off to you Carlos. 

The style of football hasn't changed in last 6 games 

Great OP, and one that summarises my own views.

Our form for a period raised valid questions and I don't think it's particularly constructive to rake people over the coals for airing concerns at that time. The turnaround though has been absolutely superb. Carlos and the team have absolutely stepped up and delivered when they had to.

My own personal view is that we aren't THAT much different than we were after that run, in terms of Carlos' remit. I still think he may need to finish the job to keep his for next season. But he's done everything to try and achieve that and he will get the absolute backing of everybody over the next 3 (hopefully 4) games of the season. 

1 hour ago, poite said:

I've been critical of Carlos when we went on that dismal run of 1 win in 7. I won't apologise for that as I believe it was deserved. 

So with that in mind it's right to turn the table and give the credit and praise for what an incredible job the man (and team obviously) have done over the past few weeks. 

Outstanding work Carlos.  Fantastic work. Now let's go a step further than last year!

WAWAW

UTO

Could/should have posted this myself. Incredible turnaround in the last 6 matches and a hell of a lot of the credit must go to CC. The players (especially the returning ones) must also take a lot of credit also. But now we simply must complete the journey by getting up to where we belong, the PL. Looking at our opposites in the play offs this really is the best chance we will surely get.

Feels great being an Owl tonight.

The begrudging way in which some of the "Carlos Out" types are now accepting that maybe he knows more about coaching than them is almost mind blowing. I don't doubt for one minute that if we don't get to the Final, or if we do and we lose, they will once again be calling for his head.  I for one hope that the Chairman will keep Carlos with us next season whatever happens in the next four games.

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

You know i never wavered but criticism of performances is fine but the wholesale "seasons over " "no plan B" "tactically clueless" " he has to go" crap we had on here was just moronic

I agree.

year on year improvement and even if it's not this year I think we would be very strong favourites for automatic promotion next year under Carlos.