Team for Fulham

From what CC said about Forestieri I dont think he will be fully fit for the rest of the season. A 2 week break would probably be best for him, plus he's just had his baby so it would be nice for him to spend time at home & come back fully refreshed.

I can see Lee & Hutch been given some game time to brush up their match fitness.  Other than that wholesale changes, we need to get fringe players some game time in case they are needed in playoffs.

Also be good to see Hirst & O'Grady get some game time to sample the atmosphere of a 33k plus crowd.

IMG_6226.thumb.JPG.b9bc623004d08a9f4be0c3878a6efb86.JPG

To get a clue for next week this was the line up Carlos played final game of last season:

J Wildsmith, L Palmer, V Sasso, M Turner, J Helan, J Semedo, Marco Matias, L McGugan, A McGeady, A Nuhiu (J Stobbs, 79), Lucas Joao

Subs not used: A Lopez, B Bannan, J Hunt, G Loovens, G Hooper, L Price

He mixed it up a bit as it was an entirely different team that played in the play off final so maybe will do the same again.

Wagner made 10 changes yesterday for Hudds v Brum.

Can see Carlos making changes again, Fulham will also make changes, they can't finish any higher than 6th. Will Reading make changes v Burton ?

OR.....

do we play a full strength winning team, Aim for securing that 3rd spot. Confidence is higher than ever at the minute.

One thing for sure tho...

it's a fantastic headache for Carlos to have

Reserves v reserves and will make no difference in terms of attitude or momentum as it is a non-event.

Reading wont care and Huddersfield will be desperate to avoid Fulham after their recent game.

A draw or defeat may do us good as teams hardly ever win 10 in a row. Break the run now and go again.

5 minutes ago, rob chester said:

Play a full team. Momentum is with us

No chance. Asking for trouble. Fulham will send their reserves as well, so it's a battle of the reserves. Our squad is better than theirs, so we will win anyway. 

Thinking about it, I'd start with Rhodes. Needs a full 90 minutes in his legs. 

I hope we continue to play our strongest side, it's all about momentum If we play a weakened side, and get a stuffing from Fulham, psychologically that could destroy our confidence going into the play offs. Go into them on a run of 7 consecutive wins, and confidence will be sky high

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I hope we continue to play our strongest side, it's all about momentum If we play a weakened side, and get a stuffing from Fulham, psychologically that could destroy our confidence going into the play offs. Go into them on a run of 7 consecutive wins, and confidence will be sky high

I really cannot envisage Fulham playing any of their big guns in that game. They have less to gain from it than us. Avoiding a twelve goal or more pasting should be a basic task, even with a team of reserves.

1 hour ago, Etchesketch said:

To get a clue for next week this was the line up Carlos played final game of last season:

J Wildsmith, L Palmer, V Sasso, M Turner, J Helan, J Semedo, Marco Matias, L McGugan, A McGeady, A Nuhiu (J Stobbs, 79), Lucas Joao

Subs not used: A Lopez, B Bannan, J Hunt, G Loovens, G Hooper, L Price

He mixed it up a bit as it was an entirely different team that played in the play off final so maybe will do the same again.

Lopez was a good player - should have played him in the final. 

The main concern with playing a weakened side, is the possibility of what a bad result can do for confidence. We saw it the other year in the aftermath of the Man City game. We were playing well up to then, and although we all knew it wasn't our strongest team, it still had a negative effect