Team for Fulham

Absolutely no way I would rest that many first team players, Fulham are a very good team and it's very likely whatever the result is we could still be playing them in the playoffs. A convincing win infront of a packed out crowd would be a huge psychological boost going into the playoff final for example if we both made it that far. Besides, another win would make it 7 in a row, and if we won all our play offs games win number 10 would take us to the PL.

Westwood

Hunt

Sasso

Lees

Fox

Reach

Bannan

Lee   (or Jones if he's fit)

FF

Rhodes

Hooper

I'd play that team, arguably on paper our strongest attacking side and gives Hooper/Rhodes more time to see if they can build some more chemistry. Would also rotate key players out just after HT, FF/Hooper/Lee and give extended game time to Winnall/Macca to try and keep them fresh.

Personally I think Loovens would struggle against the quick, pacey frontline Fulham have so i'd quite like to see how Sasso performed or even Hutchinson just as abit of a test really...and being our oldest player i'm sure he could use a rest, as could Pudil, Wallace & Fletcher who are all some of the older players in our squad.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Westwood 

Palmer   Lees   Sasso   Fox

Matias Jones  Bannan McManaman 

Rhodes     Winnall 

Don't think I will be a million miles out with that. 

I was trying to think of a CB to play instead of Lees.  I struggled.  We really do need a new CB. 

Can't see point in changing a team that is full of confidence and on the best winning run in years. Keep them playing together I say. Perhaps give FF and Rhodes a try up top to get them match fit and hopefully scoring. Other than that no need to change it.

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Westwood 

Palmer   Lees   Sasso   Fox

Matias Jones  Bannan McManaman 

Rhodes     Winnall 

Don't think I will be a million miles out with that. 

That even looks like a play off final team

:manager:

1 hour ago, sibon said:

We played a reserve side against Arsenal in May 1993, and won 1-0 at home in the last Premier League game of the season. It did us no good, as Arsenal then beat us fairly easily in the FA cup finals.

I think that momentum is the key. We've found a winning side. Hard to break down and with enough devil to scare sides when we attack.

We should stick with that side, not rest players.

I'm not sure how a goal in the 120th minute of a game could be considered an easy win.

We may think this is a nothing game but Fulham know that if we beat them there's a good chance we'll play them in the semis and we're the one team they worry about, check their blogs - either way we should not play our top players bc they could bring a second team that can afford to get carded or sent off by injuring them

Guest Kagoshimaowl

It will be 11 changes. He did the same last season against Wolves.  Frankly I'd do the same.  Why risk anyone?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Wildsmith

Palmer

Hutchinson

Sasso

Fox

McManaman

Semedo

Jones

Matias

Rhodes

Winnall

Subs: Dawson, Emanuelson, Murphy, Buckley, Bannan, Nuhiu, Hirst

It will be very close to this.

8 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Wildsmith

Palmer

Hutchinson

Sasso

Fox

McManaman

Semedo

Jones

Matias

Rhodes

Winnall

Subs: Dawson, Emanuelson, Murphy, Buckley, Bannan, Nuhiu, Hirst

It will be very close to this.

Cant see him risking Rhodes, Jones or Hutch.

Maybe a cameo for Hutch for sharpness.

Carlos rested players last season in last game. He will do it again.

Rest those that need a freshen up. Give 45-60 mins to those that could do with a run to get match fitness or coming back from injury.

Similar matchday squad but different starting players to keep momentum going.

Fulham have already said they will be resting players so it will be a nothing game.

I want Hudds in the semi finals so would be happy for league places to stay as they are right now.