If we go up..

45 minutes ago, alanharper said:

With the squad we've got I reckon we'll be challenging for the top 4 straightaway - absolutely nothing to fear in that division from what I've seen of it, and our decent Championship strikeforce will tear it apart. In Carlos we trust.  Chelsea know we're coming for them and they're secretly bricking it.

Oh. Sorry about that, I've been drinking the same stuff as dem blades...

Image may contain: indoor

1 hour ago, RenishawOwl said:

Do you think Chansiri will splash the cash or just aim for keeping up next season?  If we splashed out on some big names who would you like to see brought in? 

Slight change of subject, but is that your Renishaw Owls flag that has started to appear at the front of the South stand ?

Yeah we need to spend just to stay up, but the specific areas? Many of the better performing players have been released from either teams that got relegated, or weren't wanted at lower mid table sides, but many of these also seem to be doing better with us than at their previous club (because of the lower level, or they are in a team/system that suits them)

With the side currently, and maybe a couple of new defenders, I'd put them as a championship top two quality, but we have seen repeatedly that this means bottom 6 in the premiership.

We also saw both this year and last the team struggled to bed in new players straight away, so too many at once would be harmful. Also, for the players Carlos brought in recently - Abdi, Reach, Rhodes etc, were they just to get the team out of the Championship (presumably not with Rhodes at least as we haven't bought him yet), or did he expect them to play a part if promoted?

A couple of defenders (one to replace Loovens, once at right back), someone on the right to go ahead of Wallace (who has done well this season, but isn't Premier League quality) and maybe a midfielder. A proven premier league goalscorer might be just too much money 

Will Hughes, Daniel Ayala, Lee Catermole and Aymen Barkok from Frankfurt

Hughes as he is pure silk and its about time he [played for a proper team. Ayala, as he is a solid center half who hasn't looked out of place in the prem despite playing for a poor side who will come down. Catermole to give us some cover at dmc as we will need it up there and Barkok as hes looked full of tricks and skill for frnakfurt a number of times and is only 18. 

I feel all these are realistic as well as decent signings.

Edited by Daizan10

Not trying to be controversial..

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of whether we needed to pay any debt off from Mandarics deal?

It was a while back, but there was questions about some costs offset to promotion for the Co-op and the old board, wasn't there?

Either way, if we go up this year we are already committed to £10m for Rhodes. Hes probably going to have to invest £30m more to stay up, TV Money is roughly £60m per year i think, so its affordable.

Cant see him going bonkers and throwing endless streams of cash at it, but i would hope he keeps some aside for January.

When up, DC will go for it big time so my Summer wish list includes -

Hart, McGuire, Danilo, Tammy Abrahams and Baker , both from Chelsea (who sell relatively cheap).

Don't forget, Club value goes from £50 million DC's invested to about £175 million so he he's not gonna give that up quickly.

1 minute ago, fred mciver said:

When up, DC will go for it big time so my Summer wish list includes -

Hart, McGuire, Danilo, Tammy Abrahams and Baker , both from Chelsea (who sell relatively cheap).

Don't forget, Club value goes from £50 million DC's invested to about £175 million so he he's not gonna give that up quickly.

Wow not a bad investment