Roberts

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Agreed, he's stood out for me.

Only thing is, if we go up, so should our standards.

Phil Jones, Curtis Davies, Michael Dawson, Grant Hanley, James Chester etc..

Tyrone Mings 

I know this sounds like the ramblings of a stats obsessed madman, but his passing success rate is only 59% in a team that likes to play football. To give a comparison, I think Lees has something like 70odd% and Sasso close to 80.

For us, a side that too likes to keep the ball, that isn't good enough. I know defending is first and foremost, but especially in the Prem ball retention and distribution is a very important part of the modern game, and it doesn't seem like he'd fit the MO right now

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I'd prefer Bartley or Kalas, although sounds like Burnley are courting Bartley to replace Keane. 

I'd go for Tarkowski from Burnley myself, think we were after him before he signed for them. Good player.

Guest wilyfox
Just now, MOwl said:

I'd go for Tarkowski from Burnley myself, think we were after him before he signed for them. Good player.

Likely to lose Keane already; I doubt they'd part with Tarkowski as well. Would only leave them Ben Mee, I think. 

Guest wilyfox

Another name I'd throw in is Nathan Baker. Done very well recently alongside Chester at Villa. A good age, naturally left-sided, height, decent in the air, and prem experience under his belt. 

Regardless of league I'd take a look at Liam Lindsey of Partick Thistle. Looks a promising centerback, 21, good height, playing every week and has knocked in 7 goals this season as well. I'll be quite surprised if he doesn't get a Scotland call up in the next year or two.

9 hours ago, vulva said:

We matched Newcastles bid for Hanley in the summer, but got blown out of the water on wages. 

Well he's not likely to accept a cut in wages. Maybe we dodged a bullet there, not used much by them and he'll be on a lengthy contract costing them a fortune in wages.

1 hour ago, Greengrass said:

Maguire from Hull, or in his later years Cahill, Dronfield lad. 

We've missed the boat on Maguire. Will end up going for north of £10m this summer. Probably the best centre half I've seen in the Premier League this season. As for Cahill, I think the days of players dropping down the leagues has gone. They earn that much money at the top level that they either try a few years in the sunshine somewhere, or pack in altogether. They don't need that last big payday anymore. 

11 hours ago, cookeh said:

Regardless of league I'd take a look at Liam Lindsey of Partick Thistle. Looks a promising centerback, 21, good height, playing every week and has knocked in 7 goals this season as well. I'll be quite surprised if he doesn't get a Scotland call up in the next year or two.

.when i read this and saw you'd got a plus i knew before clicking on it who gave it you .......never heard of this Lindsey bloke but if malek rates him he's probably a dud .

On 4/27/2017 at 07:04, bigash_swfc said:

Agreed, he's stood out for me.

Only thing is, if we go up, so should our standards.

Phil Jones, Curtis Davies, Michael Dawson, Grant Hanley, James Chester etc..

Phil Jones!?!?!?! :laugh:

If that's us increasing our standards, then god help us if we go up!