George Hirst

He probably expected to get some game time, especially after the brief cameo at Reading and appearances on the bench. Since then first teams strikers come back and he hasn't had a look in.

Or he may think they put him on the bench to get him to sign, now he has he can't get anywhere near?

Possibly yeah, but from what I've seen he isn't quite ready yet. But may be in a years time. 

He probably expected to get some game time, especially after the brief cameo at Reading and appearances on the bench. Since then first teams strikers come back and he hasn't had a look in.

Or he may think they put him on the bench to get him to sign, now he has he can't get anywhere near?

He'll have to wait and be patient, he's still not really League One level ability yet, and we're a top 7 Championship club. Understandably, he's behind: Hooper, Rhodes, Fletcher, Forestieri, Winnall, Joao and yes, even Nuhiu. 

Assuming we're in the Championship next season, I can see at most two of those going... fair enough Forestieri is maybe a less traditional striker so discount him... so at 18 and a half years old he can be 5th choice striker for a top Championship club that plays two upfront. Any injury to the others and he's guaranteed a place on the bench. Not a bad spot for someone under 20 to be in. 

Guest mrbluesky

Shut up you fanny.

He'll be on hardly anything. Other players in that England Under 18 squad will be on £10K per week.

If he breaks his leg tomorrow he'll end up with a poo poo job like the rest of us.

If he can get a 4 year contract on £5K per week he should do everything in his power to do it.

WTF:lol

Shut up you fanny.

He'll be on hardly anything. Other players in that England Under 18 squad will be on £10K per week.

If he breaks his leg tomorrow he'll end up with a poo poo job like the rest of us.

If he can get a 4 year contract on £5K per week he should do everything in his power to do it.

If the highest is £1k a week, I'd be surprised.

I bet Fraser Preston wishes his last name was Hirst, if you know what I mean.

Shut up you fanny.

Totally agree, lets have it right, football clubs would do the same if the shoe was on the other foot. The young lad has got to look after his own interests, as long as football remains first! 

Edited by AwokenGiant

He'll have to wait and be patient, he's still not really League One level ability yet, and we're a top 7 Championship club. Understandably, he's behind: Hooper, Rhodes, Fletcher, Forestieri, Winnall, Joao and yes, even Nuhiu. 

Assuming we're in the Championship next season, I can see at most two of those going... fair enough Forestieri is maybe a less traditional striker so discount him... so at 18 and a half years old he can be 5th choice striker for a top Championship club that plays two upfront. Any injury to the others and he's guaranteed a place on the bench. Not a bad spot for someone under 20 to be in. 

Cant disagree with any of that, certainly signed Rhodes and Winnal didn't help his quest for football either. 

He'd have been far better going out on loan, Carlos isn't in a position to risk an unknown when he has pressure for promotion. 

At his age and quality he needs to be knocking on the front door of the first team. Everyone knows he is quality, for some reason we always say age is a problem when other teams don't. Nobody could blame him for leaving, plenty of better opportunities out there.

Undoubted potential but miles off the first team. Needs to bulk up for starters and get his head down. I'd send him out on loan next season to League 1. To be brutally honest his Father his hardly the greatest role model for him. 

Edited by BIG D

Undoubted potential but miles off the first team. Needs to bulk up for starters and get his head down. I'd send him out on loan next season to League 1. To be brutally honest his Father his hardly the greatest role model for him. 

I would imagine David, like any parent, will want his son not to make the same mistakes he made. Unfortunately, Hirst Senior personally believes one of those mistakes was not moving to a (genuinely!) massive club when the opportunity arose....

Edited by Almat

7th choice striker at the club...he is an undoubted talent and I have no problems with him signing an enhanced contract but he needs to move out on loan and see how he does in the lower divisions. I can't see him happy sitting in the U23's anymore.

Difficult one for the club, how do you invest in potential. Still I suppose they're the experts and they'll have some calculation or algorithm to work out what he's worth to them. The obvious talent there at the moment doesn't necessarily mean anything It's a crucial time for him, he now has to climb to the next level and quite a lot fail to reach their goals.

I'm sure he could do without the obvious disruption this is causing.

He's scored the best part of 30 goals at various levels this season. We haven't had a player at youth level who's done this for years. Throw his surname into the equation and understandably the hype around him grows.

Premier League teams will always have their finger on the pulse when it comes to this type of player and I wouldn't be surprised if Fraser Preston and Jordan Lonchar aren't getting the same kind of attention and that's good it's showing at long last that the Academy is producing and this will only convince DC to continue investing in it and everyone benefits from this.

As for George Hirst's situation, I don't believe CC will throw him in at first team level regularly anytime soon and he's getting to the stage where he needs to be tested so both club and player have a big decision to make. Obviously I would like him to stay but if he can get a move to Everton or Arsenal then good luck to him.