George Hirst

White springs...3 matches 2 envelopes and a win ;)

Top man. Well done mate.

I've been on a bit of a roll too. Won my last match at Blundells nr Warrington, which meant I also finished runner-up in my individual winter league. This after also winning my summer league. 

The last MFS match I fished was a Garbolino Champions League match at The Old Hough during the last week in December. Won my section and was 2nd overall. Pete Bailey had to go round and break the ice on all the pegs for us (top lad).

lets be honest here, most of us havent seen much of him & yet  they still want  to keep him at all costs. Whatever the club thinks he should be paid is what they should pay him. his old man should get over the man u move he didnt get

Guest timrud

We did OK with Palmer, Spurr, Beevers etc

Plus we have a better run club now from top to bottom.

Loan him out is the best bet.

You can tell he's gonna be strong when he fills out.

He will be unstoppable. 

Yeah it's a risk but he could be the next big thing. The next Rooney.

Keep hold of him I say. 

Rooney was starring in the Premier League at 16 and for England at 17.

Guest Grez Bez

40k is a large outgoing for NY business. The business i work for do 39 BN per year and would t pay that.

Other than Newcastle and Villa no international clients are excited about a championship game.

If we're still in the Championship come August then sell sell sell.

We give him a new 3 year contract on more money, we could potentially have a 21 year old superstar at the end of it but more realistically we'd have a 21 year old who had failed to break into the team and who would command a tenth of the fee he would go for today based purely on potential.

He's not troubled the first team and we could get a wedge of money which would buy a first team ready centre half, a dominating centre midfielder and some black pace (one for the Blavdes fans there before anyone accuses me of owt) on the wing.

It's always a tricky balancing act when dealing with potential. For that is all it is.

At the moment he is well down the pecking order in a tough championship division  that is reaching the crux time of the season. He'll not be getting any outings.

The thing is thouh...one unfortunate ankle break whilst out jogging on a beach and that potential is gone.

So if some one comes in with a ridiculous offer (which many Prem teams do in their quest to hoover up all young talent) then we would be fools not to consider the option. 

That is the real world weighing up that must be done.

Of course ideally we'd like him to stay,  and I think a years loan spell next year would give an excellent indication of his ability at this stage of his embryonic career  to adapt to the "men games".

Was reading that from next season you have to have 1 home grown player on the bench. If not, you get one less sub. 

He may well get more opportunities as a result as the only other is Palmer I'd guess 

only applies if we don't go up of course 

Edited by LoadABallacks

Was reading that from next season you have to have 1 home grown player on the bench. If not, you get one less sub. 

He may well get more opportunities as a result as the only other is Palmer I'd guess 

only applies if we don't go up of course 

The thing that is Carlos will want as many of his 'big guns' as possible on the bench. 

However in the case of the goalkeeping sub he can use a home grown player thst he knows he may not need to use all season giving him more outfield option switches