v UNITED Monday 1pm Hillsborough

49 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Hopefully them constantly slating Carlos for keeping Mcgugan out of the first team watched this game. 18 yr old lads made him look like a veteran playing in div 2 of the Wrag over 35s league. 

Were we outplayed by their youngsters?

Absolutely fuming at what happened today. Likes of James Murphy, Warren Clarke and Fraser Preston have played their part in a cracking season all year, but had to make way for the game that could have seen us clinch the title - because Lewis McGugan, Liam Palmer and Urby Emanuelson fancied a run out. 

Senior players can pick and choose when they turn out for the U23s, and they decided that today was a nice day for a kick about. 

They were here completely uninterested - McGugan pulling off fancy flicks and intercepted long balls. He and Emanuelson did more running when they were subbed off than when they were on the pitch. 

There me was a big crowd there today, and regular fans of the youth sides wanted to see the lads win the title, but instead we got to see overpaid, overweight, uninterested tails trot round the pitch for an hour, lose the game, then roger off fot a shower when subbed, as if they'd broken sweat. 

9 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Absolutely fuming at what happened today. Likes of James Murphy, Warren Clarke and Fraser Preston have played their part in a cracking season all year, but had to make way for the game that could have seen us clinch the title - because Lewis McGugan, Liam Palmer and Urby Emanuelson fancied a run out. 

Senior players can pick and choose when they turn out for the U23s, and they decided that today was a nice day for a kick about. 

They were here completely uninterested - McGugan pulling off fancy flicks and intercepted long balls. He and Emanuelson did more running when they were subbed off than when they were on the pitch. 

There me was a big crowd there today, and regular fans of the youth sides wanted to see the lads win the title, but instead we got to see overpaid, overweight, uninterested tails trot round the pitch for an hour, lose the game, then roger off fot a shower when subbed, as if they'd broken sweat. 

Would rather we play and Leeds and loose with regular development squad, then win and finish top with likes of McGugan and Emanuelson.

9 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

because Lewis McGugan, Liam Palmer and Urby Emanuelson fancied a run out. 

Is this how it really works? That stinks. It should be the U23s coach in conjunction with CC that decides for a balance of benefits for the U23 team and players who are on their way back to the first team and not on their way out of the club.

Would have expected better from Palmer though

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Were we outplayed by their youngsters?

We were, it was embarrassing. They were first to every ball, fitter, stronger and more desire.  As others have said McGugan, Palmer and Urby were absolutely awful and all we did was lump it up to Hirst on his own. Their defence won the high balls with ease. It was like watching school football and there was no sign that any of our players would make a professional footballer and I include Urby and McGugan in that !  Hirst didn't have a chance and I'll allow Palmer an off day (playing midfield) and I'll give Dawson the benefit of the doubt.

Waste of an afternoon, so disappointing.

Can understand Palmer playing, CC probably wanting to try him out in midfield in a development squad game. I heard that McGugan has been asking to play for a while too. 

I'll tell you something though. Thought Jack Stobbs was awful. Way too greedy, never passed to his teammates and shoved off ball many times

21 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Can understand Palmer playing, CC probably wanting to try him out in midfield in a development squad game. I heard that McGugan has been asking to play for a while too. 

I'll tell you something though. Thought Jack Stobbs was awful. Way too greedy, never passed to his teammates and shoved off ball many times

Nowhere near the standard he set for himself before long time he spent out injured. Seems to me that he lost yard of pace too, certainly not as quick as I remember him to be.

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

We were, it was embarrassing. They were first to every ball, fitter, stronger and more desire.  As others have said McGugan, Palmer and Urby were absolutely awful and all we did was lump it up to Hirst on his own. Their defence won the high balls with ease. It was like watching school football and there was no sign that any of our players would make a professional footballer and I include Urby and McGugan in that !  Hirst didn't have a chance and I'll allow Palmer an off day (playing midfield) and I'll give Dawson the benefit of the doubt.

Waste of an afternoon, so disappointing.

development staff need sorting pronto

2 hours ago, malek said:

Nowhere near the standard he set for himself before long time he spent out injured. Seems to me that he lost yard of pace too, certainly not as quick as I remember him to be.

Think you hit nail on head there, I must admit I haven't seen that much of the development lads only in their friendly appearances and the odd games when I'm off uni (like today). When I have seen them before though Stobbs has always looked fairly good. 

What was the injury he got?

6 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

.everyman and his dog knows that the likes of urby & mcgugan arnt going to bust a gut  in a dev game down at the training ground  ....why they picked them is a mystery but I cant believe that they just went up and said I fancy a 60 minutes run out  today ......very strange decision and probably tells us how much store the club put on winning the thing .

Guest Ash76

Never seen Urby play so i'll refrain from commenting. The McGugan comments don't surprise me in the slightest, bloke is a full weight c0ck and Palmer is developing a lazy side. Committed when involved in play but as we see so many times he never breaks sweat to get back when he plays RB