The Owls vs Newcastle. Official Matchday Thread.

2 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

I guess the advantage of Hooper over Rhodes in this one is that Hooper is more natural at coming back deeper and linking the play, meaning Bannan and Jones can play a little deeper protecting the back 4. It's defensive, but sensible.

Until we go a goal down, we should be taking the game to them, playing defensively is not going to to do us any good,

hope I am wrong.

Never thought he would go 3 up front tonight. I'll probably get slated for this but given the decision to play 4-4-2, that is the starting 11 I'd have gone for apart from Reach but Carlos loves him.

This is a game which requires Pudil's experience and Hooper and Fletcher link up well, so I believe we have a chance but it'll be tough.

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Never thought he would go 3 up front tonight. I'll probably get slated for this but given the decision to play 4-4-2, that is the starting 11 I'd have gone for apart from Reach but Carlos loves him.

This is a game which requires Pudil's experience and Hooper and Fletcher link up well, so I believe we have a chance but it'll be tough.

against brighton Pudil was terrible