Forestieri or Lee - most important?

With the impending return of these two players for the run-in I've seen various comments on here about who's most important to us. It's been a while since I put my sweaty, coffee-stained statto hat on, but I thought I'd check our results with and without both players this season. So here goes....

With Forestieri - played 31 won 16 drawn 6 lost 9 points per game average - 1.74

Without Forestieri - played 9 won 3 drawn 3 lost 3 PPG 1.33

With Lee - played 23 won 11 drawn 5 lost 7 PPG 1.65

Without Lee - played 17 won 8 drawn 4 lost 5 PPG 1.65

And just for completeness...

Without both - played 5 won 1 drawn 2 lost 2 PPG 1.00

with both - played 19 won 9 drawn 4 lost 6 PPG 1.63

The three main things this tell me:

• The availability of Forestieri has a massive impact. With him we're 0.41 points per game better off than without him, which is 19 points difference over the course of a season
  • The availability of Lee has, maybe surprisingly, no impact on our points tally. It's exactly the same whether or not he plays.
  • Without them both we're screwed! Our PPG average would almost certainly see us relegated (admittedly from a sample size of just 5 matches)

Chew on that folks :tango:

Harsh comparing their importance both required to make this team work. Kieran's driving runs from midfield have been desperately missed and that creative spark, something out of absolutely nothing which Forestieri gives has been a huge loss too, not to mention how hard both of them chase and pressure to win possession. Both top players, get them fit and I start to fancy promotion chances quite a bit more 

35 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Both please :-) 

Apparently not.

With FF, 1.74ppg

With FF and KL, 1.63ppg

0.11 difference. That's 5 points over the season.

So if FF plays, drop KL.

At least that's what the stats say.

Common sense says differently.

Guest We Shall Overcome
38 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Lee for me..........team player

Whats Fernando then? considering he works more for the team than anybody, or have you never seen him play?.