Forestieri or Lee - most important?

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Same as mine I said further up the page.

Hooper and Rhodes be next best. 

Yep. 

It's basically the spine of our side if you like with the creativity and attacking spark which Nando brings. 

23 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Forestieri is a match winner. Lee is a good footballer but nothing special. If we want to progress then we need better than Lee, Hannah and Wallace in midfield.

sense at last !!! lee is never going to rise above what he is now ( a half decent championship player),we need much better to progress as this season has proved conclusively

Just now, brian joicey said:

sense at last !!! lee is never going to rise above what he is now ( a half decent championship player),we need much better to progress as this season has proved conclusively

My sentiments too. A decent Championship player that will get a team with a shout of the play offs. Plenty of energy weighs in with a few goals but his decision making let's him down and that's the difference between a top 2 side midfielder and the play offs.

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

My sentiments too. A decent Championship player that will get a team with a shout of the play offs. Plenty of energy weighs in with a few goals but his decision making let's him down and that's the difference between a top 2 side midfielder and the play offs.

he's a poor mans' carlton palmer, covers every blade of grass and always involved (great to have withing the team) but not a stand out,influentual player   

On 05/04/2017 at 21:59, paulrs said:

With Forestieri - played 31 won 16 drawn 6 lost 9 points per game average - 1.74

Without Forestieri - played 9 won 3 drawn 3 lost 3 PPG 1.33

With Lee - played 23 won 11 drawn 5 lost 7 PPG 1.65

Without Lee - played 17 won 8 drawn 4 lost 5 PPG 1.65

With Hutch 1.81 points per game

Without Hutch 1.00 point per game. (4 losses in 8!)

It's no coincidence that the end of the 4 game winning  and subsequent bad run pretty much coincides with Kieran lee getting injured. 

He is the best player at the club and integral to how we play 

Both are important, not something you could choose because there different players completely... If one had to leave I think I'd pick FF.. And keep KL... Just think overall he creates more week in week out... But FF is an excellent player on his day.. 

8 hours ago, ka58 said:

It's no coincidence that the end of the 4 game winning  and subsequent bad run pretty much coincides with Kieran lee getting injured. 

He is the best player at the club and integral to how we play 

Which 4 game winning run was that? The one where Lee played no part?

10 hours ago, brian joicey said:

Lee can be, maybe will be replaced, when we get to where we wanna be,that goes for any player in any position, till we get up, lee will do just fine. 

On Wed Apr 05 2017 at 23:12, ZIMMY said:

Whats Fernando then? considering he works more for the team than anybody, or have you never seen him play?.

How does he work more than anybody else in the team???? 

If your statement is correct then the other 10 would surely need replacing?

Edited by curren

11 hours ago, Holmowl said:

With Hutch 1.81 points per game

Without Hutch 1.00 point per game. (4 losses in 8!)

I almost did it for Hutch too - good man!

I like Lee but I think his importance to the team is overstated by some. For me Hutch and FF are critical, whereas with Lee you can't ignore the fact our results are equally as good without him, and when he was in the team in the first half of the season we were just as lacking in cohesive play as we have been lately. Don't understand why people think his return will transform the team, didn't happen in the first 23 games of the season, why would it happen in the final 6?

Maybe with him, FF and Hooper all back and working in tandem the whole will be even greater than the sum of the parts and we'll start to see some of last seasons football but as none of them will be fully match fit it's asking a lot.

On 07/04/2017 at 08:05, Ronnie Starling said:

Which 4 game winning run was that? The one where Lee played no part?

Youre right my bad - he's been out longer than I thought!

On Wednesday, April 05, 2017 at 22:02, HIGHERSTATE said:

Has to be lee..the engine that keeps us ticking

Ff is that extra added dose of excitement, flair and goal threat..

Totally agree with this. I'd say Lee is by far the most important. For a guy who usually gets left out of ppls teams they suggest, we ain't half missed him