Forced out of Hillsborough

Just now, RichSheffWeds said:

Its become a sensitive issue. They wont want to upset the apple cart publicly.

Who knows what it said behind closed doors?

never mind behind closed doors, i want it in the papers, on tv & discussed  in parliament  lol

11 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

The problem isn't the stadium. 

The problem is we have the worst police force in the country. 

Spot on. 

SYP are incompitant beyond belief. Every other police force quite easily manage football crowds on a weekly basis . most other clubs have home and away fans in the same stand with no issues or need for over the top segregation . 

I remember Doncaster away a few seasons ago. About 30 SYP marched 100 or so young lads from the train station straight to the ground like they were criminals. Then some of the 30 had to leave because the actual real idiots had kicked off in Donny centre and there wasn't enough police presence. They were were genuinely too busy trying to stop a group 16 year old hardened veteran dangerous football hooligans that all weighed about 7 stone each. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

Wont make a difference in my opinion as the trotters have the same problem at the stain, it always will be like this around SYP/SAG where ever we play unfortunately

32 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Spot on. 

SYP are incompitant beyond belief. Every other police force quite easily manage football crowds on a weekly basis . most other clubs have home and away fans in the same stand with no issues or need for over the top segregation . 

They are quite good at a cover up...

Actually they are pretty rubbish at those too :duntmatter:

2 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

There has been a lot of discussion on here recently about the ridiculous situation regarding segregation and seating allocations at Hillsborough, and rightly so.

South Yorkshire Police and the Safety Advisory Group have run out of excuses to the extent they are now telling outright lies regarding the concourse size in the Leppings Lane end to justify the measures being put in place. The inquest outcome hasn't helped matters admittedly but it's about time what happened in '89 (apart from the remembrance of the people who lost their lives) was consigned to the history books. 

I just wondered whether people think a new stadium would mean a fresh start and the "new Hillsborough" being treated like seemingly ANY other large stadium in the country, or would SYP and SAG continue to treat us like children and hit us with the same restrictions we see now?

Personally I want us to stay at Hillsborough. It's our spiritual home and we saw the possible development opportunities (see World Cup plans) but I don't think I could stand seeing empty sections like the North West Corner, either tier of the away end or the netted off swathes of the South Stand if we get into the Premier League.

It certainly is about time that there was some transparency from SYP and SAG as to what the basis of their decisions is.  People on here have given numerous examples of other grounds where segregation consists of two or 3 columns of seats and a few stewards.

Logically, the fact that we now have all seater stadia means that there will not be any incident like in 1989 as it's physically impossible to have too many people in any individual stand.  The only possibility is trouble between rival supporters and this can easily be prevented by designing different exit routes for the rival supporters, or alternatively keeping the away supporters in the ground until the home supporters have left the area.  It's happened on many occasions in the past to Wednesday supporters at away grounds.

Whatever the case, the continued lack of communication from what are public bodies who are answerable to the electorate is totally unacceptable and the club and the official supporters organisations should be publicly putting pressure on them to explain their decisions / actions.

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding on this forum as to how the Safety Certificate works in practice.

SAG is a multi-agency group not just the SY Police they include Head of Council Licensing, SY Fire, Yorkshire Ambulance, Council Building Standards & Council Health Protection Services. None have got any more authority within the group than the others.

The Safety Advisory Group (SAG) have no legally enforceable powers, they are strictly an advisory panel to the Council Licensing Authority as the certificate issuers & the club as certificate holder.

They meet once a quarter and issue guidance to the council & club based on their observations & instructions given in the relevant legislation (primarily the Green Guide).

In practice the council licensing authority & the club could decide to ignore the recommendations of SAG but as ultimate legal responsibility lies with each, then this is more than unlikely.

To the people who think it isn't the ground that's the problem, remember we have not had a completely new stand built for over 50 years, the access into & out of the ground is extremely limited and of course what occurred in 1989.

I've said this before and i'll say it again.

We have a new Stadium Safety Officer who took over last September from John Rutherford who had been here for around 20 years.

Instead of moaning and bringing up the same arguements week in and week out why don't you try and contact him to find out what's happening?    

Guest We Shall Overcome

Wednesday will leave Hillsborough, once the time is right, its a terrible location for the 21st century, so people need to stop living in the 1950's.