Forced out of Hillsborough

The Lep was full many times during the 90's without a hint of any safety problems, so it's complete BS they come up with at the moment. 

Even if we replaced the Lep I wonder if they will come up with excuses about the river don behind the stand to lower the seats we can sell in it

48 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

I've said this before and i'll say it again.

We have a new Stadium Safety Officer who took over last September from John Rutherford who had been here for around 20 years.

Instead of moaning and bringing up the same arguements week in and week out why don't you try and contact him to find out what's happening?    

Sorry, I wasn't watching your every post on here as much as I'm sure I've missed out.

As it happens I wasn't aware there was a new Stadium Safety Officer, but for what it's worth and with what we're still seeing, he's as useless a t0sser as his predecessor.

2 hours ago, cactus said:

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding on this forum as to how the Safety Certificate works in practice.

SAG is a multi-agency group not just the SY Police they include Head of Council Licensing, SY Fire, Yorkshire Ambulance, Council Building Standards & Council Health Protection Services. None have got any more authority within the group than the others.

The Safety Advisory Group (SAG) have no legally enforceable powers, they are strictly an advisory panel to the Council Licensing Authority as the certificate issuers & the club as certificate holder.

They meet once a quarter and issue guidance to the council & club based on their observations & instructions given in the relevant legislation (primarily the Green Guide).

In practice the council licensing authority & the club could decide to ignore the recommendations of SAG but as ultimate legal responsibility lies with each, then this is more than unlikely.

To the people who think it isn't the ground that's the problem, remember we have not had a completely new stand built for over 50 years, the access into & out of the ground is extremely limited and of course what occurred in 1989.

One incident in those 50 yrs. The fences were put up dure to governing bodies from above, they've now gone. The only hazard I can see now is the numerous netting that blocks exits

4 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

There has been a lot of discussion on here recently about the ridiculous situation regarding segregation and seating allocations at Hillsborough, and rightly so.

South Yorkshire Police and the Safety Advisory Group have run out of excuses to the extent they are now telling outright lies regarding the concourse size in the Leppings Lane end to justify the measures being put in place. The inquest outcome hasn't helped matters admittedly but it's about time what happened in '89 (apart from the remembrance of the people who lost their lives) was consigned to the history books. 

I just wondered whether people think a new stadium would mean a fresh start and the "new Hillsborough" being treated like seemingly ANY other large stadium in the country, or would SYP and SAG continue to treat us like children and hit us with the same restrictions we see now?

Personally I want us to stay at Hillsborough. It's our spiritual home and we saw the possible development opportunities (see World Cup plans) but I don't think I could stand seeing empty sections like the North West Corner, either tier of the away end or the netted off swathes of the South Stand if we get into the Premier League.

Like i said in another thread, what's changed since the Wycombe game?

Guest everydays_wednesday
4 hours ago, alanharper said:

Lard.jpg.7bef1063cc7e6aad25c082f970f93b84.jpg

Now that is funny and nearer the truth than you think....!

ill be along directly......

1 hour ago, bluemagic said:

The Lep was full many times during the 90's without a hint of any safety problems, so it's complete BS they come up with at the moment. 

Even if we replaced the Lep I wonder if they will come up with excuses about the river don behind the stand to lower the seats we can sell in it

It was fully occupied against Wycombe without any issues what so ever, so i dont buy the excuse about people not being able to get out in case of an evacuation. I see no reason why we cannot give Newcastle the entire stand . There wont be any segregation problems as it will only be Newcastle fans in the West stand. The triangle and the scoreboard corner act as segregation . I just do not see where SAG are seeing probelms .

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

It was fully occupied against Wycombe without any issues what so ever, so i dont buy the excuse about people not being able to get out in case of an evacuation. I see no reason why we cannot give Newcastle the entire stand . There wont be any segregation problems as it will only be Newcastle fans in the West stand. The triangle and the scoreboard corner act as segregation . I just do not see where SAG are seeing probelms .

As the safety certificate has to be assessed each year, what was OK back in 2012 may not apply any longer.

Also if these reductions were not justifiable, why have the club not appealed against them? They have a legal right to appeal.

To be honest applying the factors in the Green Guide to Hillsborough, it is not difficult to see why the capacity reductions have happened in the last few years.

5 minutes ago, cactus said:

As the safety certificate has to be assessed each year, what was OK back in 2012 may not apply any longer.

Also if these reductions were not justifiable, why have the club not appealed against them? They have a legal right to appeal.

To be honest applying the factors in the Green Guide to Hillsborough, it is not difficult to see why the capacity reductions have happened in the last few years.

But why are Newcastle not being allowed the same number of tickets that other teams have had all season? 

Thats a totally different scenario.

The police have powers to request changes on public safety issues and if the club don't agree they can refuse to police the event.

its nothing to do with the vclubs safety certificate.

Edited by cactus

6 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

I remember Doncaster away a few seasons ago. About 30 SYP marched 100 or so young lads from the train station straight to the ground like they were criminals. Then some of the 30 had to leave because the actual real idiots had kicked off in Donny centre and there wasn't enough police presence. They were were genuinely too busy trying to stop a group 16 year old hardened veteran dangerous football hooligans that all weighed about 7 stone each. 

While a battle hardened group of EBRA walked across the road from them without a second glance lol 

1 hour ago, cactus said:

Thats a totally different scenario.

The police have powers to request changes on public safety issues and if the club don't agree they can refuse to police the event.

its nothing to do with the vclubs safety certificate.

No its not. Its exactly the same. 

No its not, the west stand has an official capacity as stated on the safety certificate, which i believe, for this season is approx 4500 including the lower tier.

If the police wish to limit the numbers of tickets sold to away fans then they have to  justify it on public order issues.

Nothing to do with SAG, licensing authorities or the current safety certificate.

Dont forget the police did the same in boxing day 2009, when they wouldn't allow the club to sell tickets for the NW corner to them, stating they wouldn't be able to deal with 7000 fans arriving by road as there were no trains that day.

Edited by cactus