Thanks for the memories Carlos

43 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

FFS, my most popular ever Owlstalk thread lol

Some on here really are perfect fannies aren't they?

I made a post after a few beers when I was emotional because we had lost, we were rubbish and it looked difficult to make the top 6.  We were playing badly, end of.  Up to that point we should have been doing better.

Carlos has won 6 in a row that nobody saw coming and we are now assured of the play offs and everything is rosey again.

What I really do laugh it is all the negs my OP has attracted over the last week from posters who read it after the Reading match and didn't bother negging it then.  The hindsight brigade.

That's the thing though about football, nobody knows.  For all we know a new manager might have won the last 7 not the last 6.

Likewise if we had messed up the last 6 nobody would be able to say with any certainty a new manager would've done better.

We just do not know.  Maybe our chances are better in the play offs with Carlos in charge.  Maybe they would be better with a different manager, we do not know.

What is clear, is that with 81 points Carlos has met expectations and now deserves to keep his job. I am sorry Carlos.  I apologise 1000 times over.

But jeez, some of you. I hope you never questioned Brunt, Whelan or Antonio.  I hope you weren't calling for Forestieri to leave.  I hope you all knew that we were going to win 6 in a row.  I hope you have never got a prediction in football wrong.

I also hope that you all realise that all Wednesday fans who called for Carlos to be sacked are absolutely gutted because we all prefer to be right over Wednesday winning. I was praying for Leeds and Ipswich to turn it around just so I could come on here with my anonymous pseudonym and crow about how right I was.  This has spoiled my year.

Only on Owlstalk could people prefer to drudge this up than keep the numerous positive threads about promotion up.

*Waits for one of usual Wind Up Merchant to come up with sarcastic quote and quip.  Probably about me hating to be wrong. lol

Been negged m8!!!!booooooooom!!!!

lol    lol    lol   for thinking to much!!!!....

Edited by DIPPS_S.W.F.C

What the last 6 games have shown is that you need your best players on the pitch and 100% fit

Where is that thread that somebody started saying we should have been able to cope without all the injured players....   ..............

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

What the last 6 games have shown is that you need your best players on the pitch and 100% fit

Where is that thread that somebody started saying we should have been able to cope without all the injured players....   ..............

You mean like Lee (who has played 150 mins of this run when half fit ), Hutch and Forestieri?

Or have we actually proved that we can win without key players?

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

7 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

You mean like Lee (who has played 150 mins of this run when half fit ), Hutch and Forestieri?

Or have we actually proved that we can win without key players?

FF now appears to be that key he can't get in the team and we will soon find out whether Hutch can

59 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

FFS, my most popular ever Owlstalk thread lol

Some on here really are perfect fannies aren't they?

I made a post after a few beers when I was emotional because we had lost, we were rubbish and it looked difficult to make the top 6.  We were playing badly, end of.  Up to that point we should have been doing better.

Carlos has won 6 in a row that nobody saw coming and we are now assured of the play offs and everything is rosey again.

What I really do laugh it is all the negs my OP has attracted over the last week from posters who read it after the Reading match and didn't bother negging it then.  The hindsight brigade.

That's the thing though about football, nobody knows.  For all we know a new manager might have won the last 7 not the last 6.

Likewise if we had messed up the last 6 nobody would be able to say with any certainty a new manager would've done better.

We just do not know.  Maybe our chances are better in the play offs with Carlos in charge.  Maybe they would be better with a different manager, we do not know.

What is clear, is that with 81 points Carlos has met expectations and now deserves to keep his job. I am sorry Carlos.  I apologise 1000 times over.

But jeez, some of you. I hope you never questioned Brunt, Whelan or Antonio.  I hope you weren't calling for Forestieri to leave.  I hope you all knew that we were going to win 6 in a row.  I hope you have never got a prediction in football wrong.

I also hope that you all realise that all Wednesday fans who called for Carlos to be sacked are absolutely gutted because we all prefer to be right over Wednesday winning. I was praying for Leeds and Ipswich to turn it around just so I could come on here with my anonymous pseudonym and crow about how right I was.  This has spoiled my year.

Only on Owlstalk could people prefer to drudge this up than keep the numerous positive threads about promotion up.

*Waits for one of usual Wind Up Merchant to come up with sarcastic quote and quip.  Probably about me hating to be wrong. lol

To be fair to Carlos he did call it.

lol

41 minutes ago, Almat said:

We actually are probably going to end up in the position we should be in. The fact we have had a great 6 win run after the terrible 7 games run just makes it look like we have in some way over-achieved. We haven't. And before anyone accuses me of moaning, I'm absolutely ecstatic about the 6 win run and the fact we've given ourselves a great chance of the Promised Land given the other 3 PO teams. We really do now need to go up, will probably never have a better opportunity...

If you could mix the bad run and the good run up a little, then it would have looked a pretty run of the mill form, nobody would have been going crazy with pitchforks,  no one going overboard with excitement. 

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

FF can't get in the team?

Do you not follow the press conferences?

He has been sub because of his knee injury.

He might start on Sunday but will not start the playoffs unless we have injuries.

When people were saying he should start on the left I posted that he will not play on the left in our best team as he is not good enough on the left.

I thought he should play as second striker but can't see that happening now. 

Carlos won't leave Hooper out.

Just my view.

Its because we kept saying over and over again...wait till the end of the season.

It was quite depressing reading and hearing carlos out again and again with plenty of games to spare..real short term thinking.

Funny thing about football is that you never know..unless you want to be a barcelona or celtic fan..you should know this..so dont jump the gun..thats the fun in it.

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

It's a witch hunt. Those who expressed any doubts about Carlos in the course of the season are being ruthlessly harried from pillar to post. lolIncidentally, off topic, I see that we are Brighton fans' least favoured team to join them in the PL. They even put us behind Leeds. It's exceedingly unsporting of them.

Like the blades some of the never got the 'massive' joke and have never got over it.

4 hours ago, Almat said:

Good Lord, think about it BA! It's not rocket science......is it?

• Have i logged onto some alteranate version of owlstalk today,have i been whoooshed to a point nobody has ever been whoooshed before or what.
  • Gis a clue fella ?

And STILL the point is completely missed

It's got nothing to do with being right or wrong, everyone calls stuff wrong. It's about not being a gutless, fickle, disloyal fanny that changes opinion after every flipping single game of football.

On 17/03/2017 at 23:01, Mr Farrell said:

It's taken the Apologists while to get here, but I think they are starting to see what the rest of us have seen for 8 months.

Just thought I'd pick a random post and quote it.

Now you tell me that there hasn't been a sustained attack on the club.