Thanks for the memories Carlos

12 hours ago, Mishowl said:

Not for me. If you aim to achieve something and don't do it you've failed. 

Good job Brighton didn't follow your philosophy in the summer. They've been building for 3-4 years and kept faith - let's hope whatever the outcome is this season, we do the same. 

12 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Talk sport just said something about there been stories in the paper about Carlos future today. Not seen anything 

Be v surprised if he left, he's talked recently and on many occasion about his happiness at the club and with his relationship with our chairman. For a man who's never really settled in football (as a coach), I get the impression he is now. Think this could be a case of some quarters wanting to unsettle the form/winning team. I smell 'Cellino!'

Edited by AwokenGiant

All this revisionism's all well and good, but those who chuntered (like me) did so based on what they saw. There's no doubt that these link players have made a big difference since their return, but these players didn't have that effect in the first part of the season. We all know that. We saw it. And nobody could have predicted Leeds' total collapse either.

I'm very happy to be wrong, we all are, but our opinions were based on what we saw. As I've been wrong to date, I see no reason to change now. We're going to lose the final. lol

Thought for today (sorry, couldn't sleep!)

We see what we see. or do we?

Like my new chant?lol

What we see is affected by our preconceived ideas / hopes / fears / opinions of others / etc..

We are unavoidably subjective in our views, but try not to get too carried away (for or against) and you're less likely to end up looking like a twit! 

Flipping between ecstasy and despair based on something as often irrational as the outcome of a single football match is illogical. (Thanks Spock)

Wednesday's general trend both on and off the field is upwards so enjoy it; we've had more than enough years of suffering the opposite, often years without any justifiable hope of improvement. We do now have a solid basis for optimism -  don't waste it!

Well done CC, DC and all at the SWFC family - keep on looking upwards!

UTO

WAWAW

6 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

All this revisionism's all well and good, but those who chuntered (like me) did so based on what they saw. There's no doubt that these link players have made a big difference since their return, but these players didn't have that effect in the first part of the season. We all know that. We saw it. And nobody could have predicted Leeds' total collapse either.

I'm very happy to be wrong, we all are, but our opinions were based on what we saw. As I've been wrong to date, I see no reason to change now. We're going to lose the final. lol

Leeds have not had a total collapse, they have just started getting the results their performances deserve.

Any reasonable Leeds fan or anyone who has seen them a few times will tell you the same thing. 

1 shot on target and a flukey goal in what seems like nearly every game.. I always said their luck would run out. 

6 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

As a collective you bottled it when we hit a bad patch, whiich coincided with some of our big hitters missing. 

I have no doubt that should we not make promotion then much of that collective will again be lightening the torches and grabbing the pitchforks demanding CC head on platter..

To sack him would be the height of folly as he is has put down some strong foudations which if a new manager came along would no doubt rip apart and start the whole process again.  

The manager would only get a season by the collectives reasoning as if he didnt progress ( automatic) then he must be sacked to satisfy their blood lust.

CC record and achievements should be applauded and not given such short shrift again.

Thankfully we have an owner who seems to realisle and understands CC strengths, and looks at the big picture.

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

81 points from 45 matches is now in the realms of acceptability for where this squad should be.

i hope we get 84 points and finish third.

If we do you'd have to call that progress.

So  a guaranteed higher league position with more points as it is now, is "acceptable" how very magnanimous of you. 

7 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

So  a guaranteed higher league position with more points as it is now, is "acceptable" how very magnanimous of you. 

Well you cant really say a lower league position with lower points would have been acceptable can you?

He'd have got sacked.

4 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Let's be fair, we've spent a fuckton of money to do that, it's probably the minimum that was expected.

6 minutes ago, Cpt_Hatstand said:

Let's be fair, we've spent a fuckton of money to do that, it's probably the minimum that was expected.

Indeed, but spending money+expectations doesn't = success.

However, if you add good management/coaching into that equation then the result is pretty much our season. CC (and his backroom staff) has had to deal with a lot more injuries to big players compared to the rest of the top six/seven sides, and this, also, has to be taken into consideration. When all is said and done, he and the team have done v well. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Lets take a look at the progress..

2010–11

League 1  15th            
2011–12 League 1 2nd            
2012–13 Champ 18th            
2013–14 Champ 16th            
2014–15 Champ 13th            

2015-16 Champ 6th

2016-17 - 5/4/3

Genuinely not sure there is a team in the football league who has that much consistant progress? I'll take slow and steady over a yo-yo club any day. Patience, unless Carlos fails to progress, how can you possibly criticise. Big money is sadly just the next step required to make the jump, so their will be big buys.

4 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

Lets take a look at the progress..

2010–11

League 1  15th            
2011–12 League 1 2nd            
2012–13 Champ 18th            
2013–14 Champ 16th            
2014–15 Champ 13th            

2015-16 Champ 6th

2016-17 - 5/4/3

Genuinely not sure there is a team in the football league who has that much consistant progress? I'll take slow and steady over a yo-yo club any day. Patience, unless Carlos fails to progress, how can you possibly criticise. Big money is sadly just the next step required to make the jump, so their will be big buys.

So we dont go up we would be looking at 1st-2nd next season then going on that progress:columbo:I'd take that i supposelol