Aston Villa vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

4 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Winnall not good enough I'm afraid.

you're better than that. Sam's proven himself with Barnsley this season and has the attributes to succeed for us. He's missing more than scoring right now but have a little faith.

It's that kind of talk which ties in with the negative atmosphere at Hillsborough when we don't score after 30 seconds. 

13 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

How many clean sheets have we had this season and last ?

I think defensive duties is down to coaching under stu grey we were rock solid, last season Carlos lived a bit on what grey had done defensively. Its a pity we couldn't have kept a mix of Stuart and Carlos. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
Just now, nilnil said:

you're better than that. Sam's proven himself with Barnsley this season and has the attributes to succeed for us. He's missing more than scoring right now but have a little faith.

It's that kind of talk which ties in with the negative atmosphere at Hillsborough when we don't score after 30 seconds. 

Maybe you are right.  Just frustrated I guess.  I like him as a player just seems to miss a lot of chances that's all.

3 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

Anything realistic on here gets you Slated. We are in a bubble of false optimism. When will people admit we've been poor for a while now, one flash performance against Norwich and that's it. 

You'll not find me slating you.

It's true. We've flattered to deceive more often than not and now we've not only got an injury crisis but a clutch of clubs closing the gap behind us.

If we fail to make the play-offs, which had to be the minimum requirement considering the resources the team has, then Carvalhal has to go and the transfer policy needs a serious look at.

Keith Andrews had it spot on on Sky after the Leeds game. This club should be giving more than what it currently is.

I can't help but wonder if some of our "injured" players are going to be miraculously fit again for Friday nights game!

It's Reading, Mr C's relations club (brother?), there has to be some rivalry there and if the scores / results stay the same and we beat Reading we will be in the top 6 no matter what happens today & Tuesday..

Bad set of results for us today. Fulham and Preston will smell blood now if we lose today. 

Easier said than done but we really need to be behind the team for the next game. Worried we'll collapse and fall right out of the picture otherwise.

Come on Wednesday!

Could today have been any worse? I was gutted  I didn't get tickets . Now Fulham 3-0 up playoffs over they will over take us with game in hand on Tuesday . Remember villa have around 15 players out so can't use our injuries as an excuse today . I got slated earlier when I heard fessi and other 7 were out I know without those players we ain't a top 6 side .looks like now we will have to beat reading next Friday but unless Lees fessi hutch hooper are back I can't see it.