36 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Image result for swfc kitI think this was done by some one on here? Anyway, this is what I'd have for 17/18, shorts and socks can be either blue or black, as long as shorts aren't white i couldnt care ;ess 

Didn't know it was Huddersfield's 150th anniversary.

1 hour ago, Ethel The Tree said:

That's the danger though ...

If this current kit is popular due to it's novelty value, then it opens the doors for any old design (presumably blue with a bit of white thrown in) to be passed off as a Wednesday kit just so long as it sports the (alternative) Owl logo

It's all so unnecessary

There is plenty of scope for variety when designing the away kits (because we seem to need two of those these days)

Our traditional colours, and identity, ought to be cherished as well as fiercely protected

I agree. But if we kept changing it the novelty value would wear off. Any change should only be once in a blue moon.

7 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

New badge is fine - shirt won't be remembered with any great fondness tbh.

Just doesn't really work and looks slightly out of place with the rest of the kit 

Will be if we go up, it's just negativity for negativity sake!

3 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

That's the danger though ...

If this current kit is popular due to it's novelty value, then it opens the doors for any old design (presumably blue with a bit of white thrown in) to be passed off as a Wednesday kit just so long as it sports the (alternative) Owl logo

It's all so unnecessary

There is plenty of scope for variety when designing the away kits (because we seem to need two of those these days)

Our traditional colours, and identity, ought to be cherished as well as fiercely protected

This ^

Anyone have any idea when the kit manufacturers for next season will be announced. I know it's unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised if we stuck with Sondico, they have done better than I expected they would and we've had three decent seasons wearing their kit :stuwinky::manager:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

6 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Another who dredged up one of the worst kits in our history to justify the current abomination.This kit wasn't liked much at the time, and the non conformity to traditional stripes was mentioned.

However whilst I don't like this kit, (although bought it & still have it), it does just about respect our blue & white striped history.

The current one doesn't. Chansiri's arrogance got the better of him this time. Hopefully he will reverse this.

that abomination looks like no kit I've seen over the last 50 years...gold edges on the sleeves...at least the current one has some aspect of the 63/64 season kit whether you liked the original or not back in the day

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

that abomination looks like no kit I've seen over the last 50 years...gold edges on the sleeves...at least the current one has some aspect of the 63/64 season kit whether you liked the original or not back in the day

Yep it was a crappy kit, as was the 60s one, as is this seasons.

All horrible kits, non Wednesday kits, lets hope we go back to a proper blue & white strip. The one we're famous for, the one that has been copied throughout the world.

We're Sheffield Wednesday We're Blue & White Stripes.

5 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Yep it was a crappy kit, as was the 60s one, as is this seasons.

All horrible kits, non Wednesday kits, lets hope we go back to a proper blue & white strip. The one we're famous for, the one that has been copied throughout the world.

We're Sheffield Wednesday We're Blue & White Stripes.

I agree with black shorts and hooped socks...if were going to do it next season lets do it right

11 hours ago, DNS said:

Haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if this has already been suggested, but...

150th anniversary kit should be designed in collaboration with (Pete) McKee. Or at least a limited collectors shirt to coincide...

has he started making shirts lol