17 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

we arnt Ipswich , we are Wednesday , we play in Blue and White stripes 

We've not always played in stripes. 

Personally I think this kit is one of best we've had. 

The one kit I'm not keen on is the black away shirt, much prefer the white one. 

When you think about it, not many teams play in blue and white stripes in England. Thats what made us stand out from the crowd a bit. Now we're just Ipswich, Cardiff, Birmingham, Chesterfield, Oldham etc. The list of nonentities just goes on. Stripes back please.

9 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

When you think about it, not many teams play in blue and white stripes in England. Thats what made us stand out from the crowd a bit. Now we're just Ipswich, Cardiff, Birmingham, Chesterfield, Oldham etc. The list of nonentities just goes on. Stripes back please.

I believe the blue & white stripes with black shorts made us unique

As well as instantly recognizable

3 hours ago, BD2OWL said:

And yet its the best selling shirt in the clubs history.....

on the back of the Wembley buzz/band wagon. Years of hurt before hand. We could have sold play off tshirts as the kit and everyone would have rushed out to buy it.

But they left the release date that long people just wanted to buy one. I can accept change for a year but longer? no thanks

19 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

Is it now compolsory for the away team to wear their away kit,even if they dont clash with the home team.

I imagine this in part is down to manufacturer's contract; both kits have to worn X number of times each season.

Haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if this has already been suggested, but...

150th anniversary kit should be designed in collaboration with (Pete) McKee. Or at least a limited collectors shirt to coincide...

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Don't mind it as a one off. We have had similar as one offs in history but the stripes are part of the club identity. I hope they come back and then you will likely see a real best seller.

That's the danger though ...

If this current kit is popular due to it's novelty value, then it opens the doors for any old design (presumably blue with a bit of white thrown in) to be passed off as a Wednesday kit just so long as it sports the (alternative) Owl logo

It's all so unnecessary

There is plenty of scope for variety when designing the away kits (because we seem to need two of those these days)

Our traditional colours, and identity, ought to be cherished as well as fiercely protected

4 hours ago, wednesdaywizard said:

I don't like the new home kit, we play in blue and white stripes!

Yeh, well, the stripes aren't big enough, hate it

The stripes aren't right on that (Porto) shirt, we need a middle stripe

That middle stripe is off centre, i can't stand it

the two stripes either side of the centre stripe mean you can hardly read the sponsor, looks daft.

IMAGINE if everyone would just support the club.  Were previous generations this precious about their dresswear?

What did you all do when they brought that random one out in the mid to late 90s?

Image result for swfc david hirst

Another who dredged up one of the worst kits in our history to justify the current abomination.This kit wasn't liked much at the time, and the non conformity to traditional stripes was mentioned.

However whilst I don't like this kit, (although bought it & still have it), it does just about respect our blue & white striped history.

The current one doesn't. Chansiri's arrogance got the better of him this time. Hopefully he will reverse this.