FAO Carlos out Brigade

5 hours ago, S_W_F_C said:

It's to late to make a change now we just have to accept what we are.

The rest of the season will be boring and turgid football that will hopefully get us top 6.

Anyone waiting for this to click will have a long wait, it won't.

Serious question as I can't remember the date..

When did Milan pull the trigger on Megson ?

Just thought as typing I could look up the United game but folks on here are normally quicker than Google (tho not always as accurate) lol

18 hours ago, RyanSWFC said:

Untitled.png

We are doing a lot better this season in a much more difficult league...

You only have to look at how much Derby have spent over the years and still haven't managed to get out of this league to know how difficult it is. Why do people expect us to be top 2 in the first season we've had a bit of money? Don't understand it. We're up there and doing alright.

Look at the bigger picture before over reacting.

Yep

5 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Totally agree, we a group of talented players , but not a TEAM  of players, we lack organisation and discipline, this comes from changing the team, espescially the defence.

Why was Fox played when he was not fully fit, Reech should have stayed there and played Macmanaman wide left, why was Hunt brought in?, it seems as if Kickaball makes these changes just for the fun of it.

That's an interesting question about Fox as it flies directly in the face of what Carlos claims about only playing players who are 100% henergised 

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

Am I the only one here who thinks Carlos is a good coach?  Last year he turned defence into attack quickly and it caught teams out. This year it's been more difficult to get behind teams when they sit deeper against us, especially without Lee and Hooper.  Exceptions are games like Newcastle and Huddersfield because they've come at us. Since Jan he's got a few more options - Abdi match fit, McM (playing more than last 20), Rhodes / Winnal together with FF behind - whatever it is, everyone has a different opinion.  Anyway, I trust him to get this right and I think by the play-offs we'll be flying  

wheather he stays or  Go's is down to Mr C , we will have no say in it ,but Mr Chansiri stated when he took over that he wanted the prem in 2017 , personally i will be very shocked if that happens on present showings on the pitch , now will it be a case of Mr C getting rid to save face , or persisting with CC  i feel the former will happen tbh The money spent is not to be sniffed at and will go a long way in deciding Carlos's future

Woooohoooo we are doing better than last season lets all have a party because we are doing marginally better with loads better players this season than last 

Still 6th with a total of 10 defeats already which is last seasons total loses and we are bound to lose more

Anybody who thinks that this level of investment from Chansiri will carry on forever, need to take a rain check

That's  why we need a return now because it's not sustainable 

I think Carlos is a great guy and was a breath of fresh air last year, but this season has seen us stagnate, we haven't moved forward.

Just not good enough in my opinion, after all the funds that have been made available 

Lets hope we we have a dramatic improvement over the next few games 

Otherwise we might sneak into the playoffs and get totally outfoxed again if we get to Wembley 

I think Saturday put things into perspective. Leeds were organized and disciplined, played as a team, with Monk getting the best out of what he has (not least Wood). We are exactly the opposite. We may have better players (FF, Winnall and Rhodes were all wanted by Leeds for example), but as a collective we're poor.

16 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Am I the only one here who thinks Carlos is a good coach?  Last year he turned defence into attack quickly and it caught teams out. This year it's been more difficult to get behind teams when they sit deeper against us, especially without Lee and Hooper.  Exceptions are games like Newcastle and Huddersfield because they've come at us. Since Jan he's got a few more options - Abdi match fit, McM (playing more than last 20), Rhodes / Winnal together with FF behind - whatever it is, everyone has a different opinion.  Anyway, I trust him to get this right and I think by the play-offs we'll be flying  

Is this really true? We don't have the players to get behind teams as we don't have any players that would make sides think twice about defending with a high line. Why would sides be frightened of us, when there are plenty of other sides with greater attacking capability. We may be a little more difficult to beat, although the figures show otherwise. Despite spending millions, we are no better off than last season, and we've managed to wee wee off a large segment of the fan base with our negative tactics.

However, I do think Carlos is a good coach, as he showed last year, and he's a great ambassador for our club. This year though, he's got it wrong, and he needs to change it quickly

21 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

True

But answer me this

What's the point of spending 10 million on a player then not play to his strengths

The service to our forwards has been shocking all season

If we are going to play this way, ultra safe, without taking risks and hoping to pinch a goal

Why did Carlos choose to not invest in a top centre half

The goals we have conceded against Forest, Brentford, and Leeds show why we needed to bring another top quality centre half in

I've been saying all season, this will come back and bite Carlos, we're seeing it now

The warning signs are all there

Who?

We were after some in the summer but clubs refused to sell and we were also outbid on a player who has since lost his place and doesn't look like getting it back. Imagine the meltdown on here if we'd spent that much on him to see what he was actually like?

For all the alleged ITKers nobody know what our transfer targets are so to have yet another pop at Carlos for summat you know absolutely nothing about is ludicrous 

16 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Woooohoooo we are doing better than last season lets all have a party because we are doing marginally better with loads better players this season than last 

Still 6th with a total of 10 defeats already which is last seasons total loses and we are bound to lose more

Which means draws have been converted to wins...

If we miss out on the top 6 then I think he will be given the boot anyway. 

Personally would like to see him keep his job even if we fall short in the play offs, though I do think a return to a more attacking, expansive style of play would be required. Think he has made a rod for his own back with this defensive set up. Whilst I don't agree with a lot of the negativity spouted towards him and the players, you do wonder whether it would be less forthcoming if we were entertaining fans as opposed to sending them to sleep. 

36 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Who?

We were after some in the summer but clubs refused to sell and we were also outbid on a player who has since lost his place and doesn't look like getting it back. Imagine the meltdown on here if we'd spent that much on him to see what he was actually like?

For all the alleged ITKers nobody know what our transfer targets are so to have yet another pop at Carlos for summat you know absolutely nothing about is ludicrous 

Our transfer policy has been questionable, to say the least. Millions spent on players who do not play, or shouldn't be playing, based on their form. If it's Hanley you're referring to, and he's as bad as you suggest, Carlos can hardly be credited for not signing him. Had he had his way, surely it would have been yet another expensive mistake.