FAO Carlos out Brigade

36 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If we miss out on the top 6 then I think he will be given the boot anyway. 

Personally would like to see him keep his job even if we fall short in the play offs, though I do think a return to a more attacking, expansive style of play would be required. Think he has made a rod for his own back with this defensive set up. Whilst I don't agree with a lot of the negativity spouted towards him and the players, you do wonder whether it would be less forthcoming if we were entertaining fans as opposed to sending them to sleep. 

This 100%

15 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

For all the alleged ITKers nobody know what our transfer targets are so to have yet another pop at Carlos for summat you know absolutely nothing about is ludicrous 

This is a footie forum. What is ludicrous is thinking that on a footie forum, posters are not going to give views on transfer policy, transfer targets and player fantasy football manager with their own ideas of who the club should or shouldn't sign. I wouldn't let it bother you. It would be exactly the same on any footie form anywhere in the world.

:manager:

I'm not particularly fussed whether he stays or goes.

He has all the individual footballers with excellent quality, it's his job to put those footballers together and build a solid team, he's failing.

Last season was th honeymoon, this season is where true quality and manergerial skill should come through, it isn't and it hasn't.

Excuses every week don't wash with some.

"Played 2 matches in a week"

"The ref"

"Injuries"

Other teams deal with all of the above, we've had more money than most other teams to build a good & big enough squad to cope with 2 of the above.

Some people need to bring CC down from the pedestal, he is just a man, in a job. However nice a guy he may be, he is underachieving with the tools he has been given.

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Im not saying he should be sacked.

However I think if we don't get promoted Chansiri will sack him.

And with the dour way we play football he would only have himself to blame.

Yes - what makes it even more frustrating is we have the talent here to make a real impression this season.

It's unforgiveable really considering how long it's been since we had some genuine quality in our books.

We are like a sports car being driven with the handbrake on 

2 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

Watching Wednesday at the moment is like watching England, passing side to side, back to keeper and not really knowing what to do or how to play, with the exception of a couple, namely bannan and FF.

Not a bad comparison. 

Like the England team we are trying to play a defensive, possession based game...except we give the ball away cheaply and concede stupid goals via silly mistakes. 

Also remind me a bit of LVG's Man U team. It's very hard to pinpoint, outside of some individual brilliance, a set piece or a mistake by the opposition, how we are going to score goals. 

5 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

This is a footie forum. What is ludicrous is thinking that on a footie forum, posters are not going to give views on transfer policy, transfer targets and player fantasy football manager with their own ideas of who the club should or shouldn't sign. I wouldn't let it bother you. It would be exactly the same on any footie form anywhere in the world.

:manager:

Views, Yes. But having a go at Carlos for not bringing in a defender when nobody knows the ins/ outs of our dealings is ludicrous. As I outlined we tried and none of us have any clue who we are/ or not after.

The anti Carlos brigade should stick to facts and not made up stuff in their own heads. 

One fact there is at the moment is we're in the play-off positions and have been for some time. We will still be in the play-offs when the final whistle has blown at the end of the season. Time for folks to stop wetting their knickers

Just now, SiJ said:

Not a bad comparison. 

Like the England team we are trying to play a defensive, possession based game...except we give the ball away cheaply and concede stupid goals via silly mistakes. 

Also remind me a bit of LVG's Man U team. It's very hard to pinpoint, outside of some individual brilliance, a set piece or a mistake by the opposition, how we are going to score goals. 

It is very similar, which is very frustrating.

11 very good footballers, cobbled together with no real plan or understanding of how to play as a team - am I talking about England or Wednesday.

On 2/25/2017 at 22:40, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

10 defeats this season

10 defeat in the whole of last season

Despite spending over 20 million

Carlos is backing himself into a corner

Where are we in the table you wally? 

He's backing himself into an imaginary corner. 

Granted, for the very first time during his reign i called him for making a mistake. His substitutions on Saturday were utterly ridiculous and ultimately, they cost us the game. I'll accept being mardy once in 18 moths where a manager is concerned. 

Keep up the good work Carlos. A few morons on Owlstalk wont stop the 95% of Wednesday fans appreciating the job you're doing.