Leeds vsThe Owls. Official Matchday Thread. ***Early Kick Off, 12:30***

9 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Had a dream last night in

which we took an early 2 goal lead.

Don't know if we held on to it as woke up before end.

Don't read too much into it though as Hooper was one of the scorers and I was at the ground in my dream but not going today.

Oh no. You sound quite positive. :ph34r:

Prepare to repel boarders!

5bd95965ff1b0b16654fa9637c13dd6b.jpg

Nice one Pauli and morning all.

I hope we turn up for both halves and put in a performance.

Two evenly matched sides IMO.

draws are no good so Carlos should remove the shackles.

A bit of quality or a mistake will win it.

COME ON WEDNESDAY.

SMASH EM AND GRAB EM...

1 minute ago, themaskedowl said:

Ey up lads and lasses. 

Top drawer Pauli. Morning all, hope you're keeping well. 

We will win. That is all.  

PS. Is it just me that finds Steve Evans a most unpleasant individual? 

Saw him out and about A while ago.

I was about 100 yards away from him and I've never been so tempted to do I running two footed tackle on anyone but there was an actually pause where I thought to myself...

"What if the fat fücker falls on top of me?! That's me finished if he does"

Its safe to say risk didn't not outweigh reward 

lol 

Also I was actually shocked he didn't have a mobility scooter to get around... All in all a disappointing day.

Nice OMDT again Pauli. Pity you couldn't squeeze in the fact that they've only been in existence in their present guise for a couple of years lol They have had some really utter sh!te managers recently too. Evens is one continuous supply of merriment to me.

play up the Wednesday.

then have a look at the fred on the early team news for tomorrow :rolleyes:

I wanna see this team today:

.............................Westwood

Hunt.......Lees (maybe??)......Loovens........Reach

.................................Hutch

......................Abdi..............Wallace

McManaman.....................................Forestieri

...............................Rhodes

Loads of talent and loads of character

LEEDS ! LEEDS ! LEEDS !

Have you ever thought why Leeds fans chant their name like that ?

1st LEEDS :- This is Leeds City the fore runner to later clubs. Formed in 1905, they were closed down and disbanded by the FA in 1919 for cheating by making illegal payments to players. Leeds City defence team claimed everyone did it ....a fine story... only Leeds City were caught.

2nd LEEDS:-  This was the team eventually taken over by Revie under the ownership of Mannie Cousins. Well, when Leeds came up to the Old 1st Division they kicked lumps out of all the teams they played. They were good and dirty but not that good that they didn't need a little assistance from Mannie Cousins wallet and Cloughie was not afraid to tell anyone who would listen. ( Clough never got put in court BTW). Anyway the Revie era passed and Leeds held the unique record of having the richest tropical fish in the land from the monies spent on them by the new Chairman. Some of the Gold fish were paid more than the players. Just before the end of the 06/07 season Leeds United went into administration, they were docked 10 points. However, there was no one left at the club with the intelligence to fill in the paperwork so a further 15 point penalty was added. This didn't worry bates as he immediately got the club back with a penny in the £ offer. This brings us on to ....

3rd LEEDS :- New Co Well the 25 point deduction did little to halt their progress in the third tier until they reached the play off final and were swept aside by Doncaster Rovers.

That's it really so when they shout Leeds ! Leeds ! Leeds ! You will know who each of the three shouts are for.