Nottingham Forest vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

On paper, I'm much happier with that team, than any of late. It's clear as plain as day, that 4-4-2 doesn't suit us. We haven't got a dynamic enough midfield (with Lee's absence) to play it, and thats the reason why we've got overrun in midfield far too often of late.

Hutchinson will sit, Bannan will be albe to dictate the game more with the ball rather than getting bogged down in trying to cover the ground he's incapable of doing, and hopefully Abdi will take his chance, and show us the quality he obviously has. 

My only issue is...why bring two extra strikers to the club in January, if you're going to revert to a single striker system. Further evidence of our scattergun transfer policy. 

1 minute ago, frastheowl said:

On paper, I'm much happier with that team, than any of late. It's clear as plain as day, that 4-4-2 doesn't suit us. We haven't got a dynamic enough midfield (with Lee's absence) to play it, and thats the reason why we've got overrun in midfield far too often of late.

Hutchinson will sit, Bannan will be albe to dictate the game more with the ball rather than getting bogged down in trying to cover the ground he's incapable of doing, and hopefully Abdi will take his chance, and show us the quality he obviously has. 

My only issue is...why bring two extra strikers to the club in January, if you're going to revert to a single striker system. Further evidence of our scattergun transfer policy. 

Carlos sets up against the team so the players and roles are going to change...

1 minute ago, GY-owl.4 said:

IF Abdi is central in a 4-5-1 its a decent side.

If Abdi is RM in a 4-4-2 then you have to wonder where Mcmanaman is ever gonna fit in.

It'll be a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 surely.

It's a system that suits every single one of our players, and a system we should have been using since we signed Abdi in the summer.

------------------------Westwood-------------------------

Hunt-----------Sasso--------Loovens------------Pudil

----------------Hutchinson-Bannan--------------------

Forestieri---------------Abdi---------------------Reach

-------------------------Rhodes------------------------

11 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

As Carlos has pointed out time and time again, a winger in this formation is not a classic English winger. Whether Abdi starts wide or not, I'm sure he will spend most of the game in the middle, probably switching with Bannan at every opportunity.

Indeed.

As I've posted before...

Abdi should be more than capable of performing well in wide midfield; after all played that role perfectly well for Watford in the Premier League last season. Of his 32 Premier League appearances last year, 27 were in wide midfield, and only 5 were in central midfield.

Also, as our wide midfielders don't stay out wide for long - they drift inside and get involved in the centre of the park - the way we play should be tailor made for him.

Let's hope today is the day he starts to show us what he's really capable of in a Wednesday shirt...

1 minute ago, slinger208b said:

Carlos sets up against the team so the players and roles are going to change...

I think the fact we've been bossed in midfield by Wigan, Birmingham & Blackburn in the last three games might have forced Carlos' hand.

At least I'm hoping that's whats happened. 

Just now, frastheowl said:

It's a system that suits every single one of our players, and a system we should have been using since we signed Abdi in the summer.

I'm praying that's it but I can't see it.

will be 442 with Abdi and reach out wide. 

Carlos knows his stuff though don't forget 

1 minute ago, frastheowl said:

Yeah probably this but im old school so that is still 4-5-1 to me. 

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Indeed.

As I've posted before...

Abdi should be more than capable of performing well in wide midfield; after all played that role perfectly well for Watford in the Premier League last season. Of his 32 Premier League appearances last year, 27 were in wide midfield, and only 5 were in central midfield.

Also, as our wide midfielders don't stay out wide for long - they drift inside and get involved in the centre of the park - the way we play should be tailor made for him.

Let's hope today is the day he starts to show us what he's really capable of in a Wednesday shirt...

Great post.

4 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Who is this guy then, is he o of they youngsters, or did they find an emergency loan? 

Academy keeper. 5 academy graduates in their team today, Gary Brazil making the most of his time.