The one that hit bar and bounced down

Well,  my dippy cousin in law,  who is a blade 85% of the time and owl 10% of the time and has only one good eye and gets all his words mixed up, was Sat on the back row of the kop, next to him with the drum (He's got hearing issues also). He said it "probably didn't go in because it probably didn't and I could see really clearly and the referee probably didn't have a high place to see it from like me". Based on that, and the score stayed at 2-1, I'm 100% convinced, it probably wasn't a goal. 

The referee has probably woken up this morning with a grin as wide as a Cheshire cat. If he had given the goal, the sending off probably wouldn't have happened and his career as the man in the middle would probably have faded away in abject anonymity. Now he gets his place in Referee Folklore ahs one of the poor souls in the Alcock Club who were brutally manhandled by a player. He will now be talked about for years.

lol

6 minutes ago, steveger said:

I never went to the match, never saw it on a TV, never heard it on a radio, didn't bother with Wednesday player, aint watched the highlights but i have read about it on Owlstalk and i can safely clarify with my expert opinion the ball most definitely never crossed the line.....

Welcome 

Case closed m'lud

27 minutes ago, boxing_day said:

Was at the end of the north and it looked a good foot over the line. Couldn't believe it wasn't given. Everyone was laughing around me at how far it looked it, but then you saw the linesman and he was miles behind the play so couldn't have seen it clearly.

Limo not miles behind play, he'll have been in line with the last defender (which is where he needs to be) around the edge of the box

I sat in South stand halfway between edge of leppings lane penalty area and half way line and it looked over the line from there, but without a replay its hard to tell when ball travels as quick as that. I did immediately looked for the linesman, who was about 4/5 yards behind play. Might be an important slice of luck.

1 hour ago, boxing_day said:

Was at the end of the north and it looked a good foot over the line. Couldn't believe it wasn't given. Everyone was laughing around me at how far it looked it, but then you saw the linesman and he was miles behind the play so couldn't have seen it clearly.

Exactly this. There was an embarrassed silence for a few seconds, the relief. Linesman was miles away.

2 hours ago, boxing_day said:

No he wasn't. He was at least 5 yards further up than the last defender. So he was behind the play.

So not only were you looking at the ball bouncing on or near the line you were simultaneously looking at the position of the lino?.....it's not an offence to say you couldn't tell you know