The one that hit bar and bounced down

goal.thumb.jpg.69f4dd56783f0d5d603a78186e99669f.jpg

Saw this on Twitter

Doesn't look to me like all the ball has crossed the line

If you look at how players place balls for corner kicks these days, 95% of the ball is outside the corner triangle and it is deemed okay, for me this photo shows not all of the ball is over the line, and in an case, the referee and linesman can only give a goal if they are 100% sure the ball has crossed the line, I can't see how anyone can say that ball has crossed the line, they'd be guessing

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

goal.thumb.jpg.69f4dd56783f0d5d603a78186e99669f.jpg

Saw this on Twitter

Doesn't look to me like all the ball has crossed the line

If you look at how players place balls for corner kicks these days, 95% of the ball is outside the corner triangle and it is deemed okay, for me this photo shows not all of the ball is over the line, and in an case, the referee and linesman can only give a goal if they are 100% sure the ball has crossed the line, I can't see how anyone can say that ball has crossed the line, they'd be guessing

as I said earlier and is proved by this pic the shadow is actually touching the ball if it's on the ground imo that pic proves that it's inconclusive :biggrin:

11 hours ago, alanharper said:

Couldn't tell from middle of North Stand.

Anyway if it was a goal it's swings and roundabouts, these things level themselves out etc.  Lee Chapman had one disallowed which was clearly 2 yards over the line against QPR in 1987 so it's karma for that one.

I don't think karma takes 30 years in football.

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Looking at that picture all of the ball isn't over line so good decision by officials... 

The officials didn't make any decision.

The linesman was miles behind play and had no chance to see properly. They all looked at each other and carried on. Reason I know is because I looked at both straight away because from my seat in the Grandstand near the away end I could see it was clearly in.

5 minutes ago, mark77 said:

The officials didn't make any decision.

The linesman was miles behind play and had no chance to see properly. They all looked at each other and carried on. Reason I know is because I looked at both straight away because from my seat in the Grandstand near the away end I could see it was clearly in.

still think that after seeing pic above? glad you weren't the arbiter

7 minutes ago, steelowl said:

still think that after seeing pic above? glad you weren't the arbiter

The pics are not clear because unless you freeze it exactly the moment it's on the floor it distorts the view based on the angle of the camera.

Watching it live my reaction was clearly in. Hence why I looked at the officials.

Edited by mark77

13 minutes ago, mark77 said:

The pics are not clear because unless you freeze it exactly the moment it's on the floor it distorts the view based on the angle of the camera.

Watching it live my reaction was clearly in. Hence why I looked at the officials.

Is there anybody who was at the game and in line (ish) like mark77 and me and various others who have posted who doesnt think it was in? Except the linesman :manager:

14 minutes ago, mark77 said:

thats why i said about the shadow,  granted I wasnt there, but looking at pic I'm struggling to think which angle you would have to look at it to make it look over, never mind well over as several have said