Talking sense, not happy clapping

Don't agree with the bit why we've not played the exciting brand of football seen last season. For every team that's sat back in an attempt to stifle our attacking prowess,  we've had a team working harder than us,  closing us down and squeezing play. We pass sideways and backwards because we've been forced too. Not having this notion that we've been poor at Hillsborough because "teams put every man behind the ball". Huddersfield, Villa,  Barnsley,  Wigan, Brighton , Bristol,  Leeds, all off top of head played a high up attacking game. That stopped us dominating for long spells. Only Ipswich did a job on us by being negative. And nearly Rotherham. 

This article is just saying the same things that many posters on her have pointed out before, but in a long winded manner. A lot of it is just plain common sense that most sensible fans could relate to and could be filed under the title of " the bleeding obvious ", especially when they talk about how space is created in a game and how that has changed this season. I beg to differ slightly on the point about Carlos not wasting money. He hasn't played Emanuelson once, he seems to have refused to even consider Lachman and doesn't now pick Mcgugan at all. Kean was signed for no reason at all and sougou and Joao have now gone out on loan. That's six players. Then the likes of Fletcher haven't exactly set the world on fire, Abdi is a a permanent bench man, as is Jones who plays when others are injured. I don't think the article offers any new insights into things we already knew, its just repeating the same points of view ive read lot's of times on this site. Its hardly revelatory lol

Edited by Mick De Lyons

There has been genuinely more negativity and moaning about the moaning, than there was actual moaning.

The moaning about the moaning  has actually  extended the feeling of negativity.

Most people disappointed about our performance moved on pretty quickly but the doom was extended by thread after thread of people upset by the initial moaners. New threads moaning about moaning  are still being started 3 days after the initial moans.

lol

I have never booed a Wednesday performance ever. Even the really bad ones.

I don't believe in getting on the players backs.

But on here I will vent my frustration.

We have a side capable of dominating games and maybe finishing third or fourth.

I don't believe the players are playing to tiheir full potential or that Carlos is getting the best from them.

But that's as far as it goes. No head calling or slagging off players.

Yes you get the odd fan going off like a baby but I honestly don't think it's the majority and these threads that happen daily annoy me a bit tbh.

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

There has been genuinely more negativity and moaning about the moaning, than there was actual moaning.

The moaning about the moaning  has actually  extended the feeling of negativity.

Most people disappointed about our performance moved on pretty quickly but the doom was extended by thread after thread of people upset by the initial moaners. New threads moaning about moaning  are still being started 3 days after the initial moans.

lol

Stop moaning about the moaning about the moaning!

And with that, I shall bid you good moaning.

On 4 February 2017 at 10:01, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

I take exception to the op's use of the term, 'slagging them off'

A few posters have said we played poor last night, myself included

It's hardly slagging them off

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a forum where people air their views

A win's a win, and while 3 points are always welcome

Last night was a bore fest that looked like a game between two teams fighting against relegation, not a team pushing for promotion

I've not seen anyone calling for Carlos' head, many of the comments have stated he's still the right man for the job

But we were poor last night

So what would you have done then?

We were awful on Friday , and people got frustrated (at the game as well , i went ) , so a lot came on here to vent...................SHOCK HORROR !

FFS get over yourselves , apart from the odd bjellend most people are voicing concerns about players , tactics etc......IT HAPPENS , IT`S A FOOTBALL FORUM.

Some people do go a bit OTT whenever we play badly or well. Think a lot do it to get a reaction.

But people are allowed an opinion and if they see games they don't like I don't see what the problem is in them saying say.

None of us are paid cheerleaders of the club.

I don't expect us to win playing free flowing football every match but don't think its too much to ask them doing that every now and then. Apart from Newcastle away I cant remember a game I thought we played well in since early season.

With the cost of a ticket and the hype and wages the players get not a surprise at people expectations.

I think some people just need to reign in their expectations. 

You can't just turn up to a game and expect to be entertained with attacking football. We're not Barca. We're in a tough, tough league where everyone's fighting for something.

We've spent a bit of money but so has everyone else. You have to just to keep up. It doesn't guarantee anything. 

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I think some people just need to reign in their expectations. 

You can't just turn up to a game and expect to be entertained with attacking football. We're not Barca. We're in a tough, tough league where everyone's fighting for something.

We've spent a bit of money but so has everyone else. You have to just to keep up. It doesn't guarantee anything. 

I don't expect to be entertained every week but I don't think I am asking too much that we should see a good game some weeks.

With talent we have got I don't think this is beyond us.

41 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't expect to be entertained every week but I don't think I am asking too much that we should see a good game some weeks.

With talent we have got I don't think this is beyond us.

Didnt you find the 2nd half of Hudds (who are a very good side by the way!) entertaining? Or Newcastle away? 

The thing is, there's a different type of pressure on Carlos this season. He has to deliver points and get us at least in the playoffs. That takes precedent over entertaining football imo. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm looking at the table every week and going to games simply with the mindset of "just get the points". 

We can obviously debate all day about the best way to get the points, but I won't be complaining too much while ever we are. I understand how tough this league is, especially 2nd time round, as I'm sure Huddersfield will find next season.

17 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Didnt you find the 2nd half of Hudds (who are a very good side by the way!) entertaining? Or Newcastle away? 

2nd Half v Huddersfield was ok and away at Newcastle was very good but that is about only time since early season.

I actually really enjoyed the Brighton game away. Although we lost still felt it was thrilling game.

I can well understand fans think points are more important then entertainment but I would much rather see a thrilling 3-2 defeat then a dull 0-0.

I wonder if the difference these days is it being in the written word on a forum.  In "the old days" we would only have such discussions in the pub (or at work) over the course of the week following a game, and a lot of the opinions expressed were just the same as most of those on here, and just as far apart and extreme at times. We would discuss, argue, shout, abuse each other, then sup up (not if at work obviously) shake hands and go home, ready to start it all over again the following week.  The forums have however, not only amplified these opinions, but put them to a bigger audience than the 5 or 6 guys around a tap room table, so more people to debate with, and get uppity with. 

As far as this season goes, I am content with where we are at, but still hoping for a bit more as some of the performances have been disappointing, and I want us to be playing better, especially in front of the cameras.  However at the start of this season we all thought (knew) it was going to be tougher this time around, and we were worried about the 3 relegated teams with their quality and money.  Well we have beaten one of those at home, one away, and drawn against the other away, and Villa and Norwich are still below us in the table.  Not all bad, and plenty to be optimistic about, but I can understand some of the so called "negativity" because we all want better, and see better really. 

last comment and its the same old adage, debate the post, not the poster, please stop the abuse and the need to put into camps, just debate

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

The thing is, there's a different type of pressure on Carlos this season. He has to deliver points and get us at least in the playoffs. That takes precedent over entertaining football imo. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm looking at the table every week and going to games simply with the mindset of "just get the points". 

We can obviously debate all day about the best way to get the points, but I won't be complaining too much while ever we are. I understand how tough this league is, especially 2nd time round, as I'm sure Huddersfield will find next season.

They will if they go up:ghoulguy: