Hutchinson.

1 minute ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I'd love him to captain us to promotion. 

I don't mind too much for now because we're doing well with Loovens as captain. 

Would have Hutch before Lees as a vice captain though.

Still can't believe it took us till mid-November to get back to a Loovens-Lees CB pairing and Hutch in the middle. It wasn't broken so there was no need to fix it.

Loovens is a better CB than Hutch, that goes without saying. Loovens compliments Lees very well, bringing the best out of him.

Only Loovens eclipsed Hutch for me today, he calms us down at the back and brings the best out of Tom Lees he has been ace since his latest comeback from injury and his experience coupled with his composed demeanour substantiates his selection as captain.

Saying that I do believe Hutch has been our player of the season so far his consistent high quality performances explain why he was held in such regard at Chelsea.

He's turned into a machine. 

Unreal that he's managed to play so many games over the Christmas period. 

He's always had the ability and it's lucky for us that he's had injury problem, cos I have no doubt that he'd be in the Prem if not. 

Luckily I think we have his full commitment in return of giving him a chance. 

He has got better every year. I think he is growing in confidence that his injuries are not going to stop him playing.

He is top quality, has a good range of passing and just dominates the midfield with his tackling and commitment. He isn't getting booked quite as much now either.

I wish more footballers were in the mould of Sam Hutchinson, a proper professional who loves playing the game.

Had to laugh today - think it was in the first five or ten minutes when a couple of the Wednesday players were peeing about with the ball over by the North stand and were looking like losing it to Udders. Hutch came storming in and slammed the ball straight into the advertising hoardings. It got a huge cheer and then I noticed the ref had a word with Hutch as if to tell him to calm down. That's probably what led to two out of the three balls being popped today.

Sets the tone for me. Wholehearted, committed and can play as well. Loved the piece of play in the second half when he ended up nicking the ball away some 10 yards from their goal, and had a great big grin on his face.

Top player, top pro, and you can see why he was held by Mourinho in such high regard. His recent interview on the club website is well worth a view as well.

Well done Sam, keep it going fella !!!!