Macmanaman

Guest Manwithastick

It's clear that Carlos is a huge fan of both Wallace and Reach, one of the reasons is their defensive game which has been crucial to us being so solid recently. These 2 positions are crucial when our full backs play so far up the pitch.

It's clear that they are being asked to to do a lot more defensive work, for Wallace this a lot more compared to last season which is why Carlos felt the need to mention this in the post match interview. Because at a glance he looks much less of a threat going forward. 

Macmanaman is a retro winger, brilliant and direct. But I'm not surprised Carlos is sticking with Wallace until he's up to speed, especially today against a top side. I'd expect Wallace to start against Brighton but the 'winnable' run of fixtures after next Friday night will be Macmanaman's chance I think. 

I like Macca's attitude so far.   Seems determined to make an impact. 

If he's fully up to speed I think we can all agree that he's easily part of our best XI - whether that's on the left wing, right wing, or part of a front 3 - he's a class player and should be in the starting XI from here on in every time if fit imo.

Should've come on earlier than he did. Putting him on for the junk minutes won't help. Granted he made an impact today but that won't happen every time.

Can understand his frustrations if there are any. He hasn't come here to warm the bench. You can argue that he's a better option than Wallace/Reach.

2 hours ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

I like Macca's attitude so far.   Seems determined to make an impact. 

If he's fully up to speed I think we can all agree that he's easily part of our best XI - whether that's on the left wing, right wing, or part of a front 3 - he's a class player and should be in the starting XI from here on in every time if fit imo.

Quality post totally agree

Guest Deleted member
8 hours ago, whyte_owl said:

He's here, the resident ****.   Last week Reach was the reason we lost.

He's here, the resident stalker who follows me around being offensive

Last week I said that Reach should be dropped in favour of McManaman and FF on the wings, and that I felt the weight of expectation on Reach that comes with his price tag was possibly affecting his performances. I didn't say he was the reason we lost last week. I said that he was undroppable in a side that was struggling to replicate the performances from last season.

But don't let the facts stop you being a total pr#*k

17 minutes ago, Grandad said:

He's here, the resident stalker who follows me around being offensive

Last week I said that Reach should be dropped in favour of McManaman and FF on the wings, and that I felt the weight of expectation on Reach that comes with his price tag was possibly affecting his performances. I didn't say he was the reason we lost last week. I said that he was undroppable in a side that was struggling to replicate the performances from last season.

But don't let the facts stop you being a total pr#*k

He's obviously a Remoaner Grandad. Can't cope with the fact he pinned all his hopes into economic disaster and he was wrong. He'll blame you anyway. 

Guest Deleted member
10 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

He's obviously a Remoaner Grandad. Can't cope with the fact he pinned all his hopes into economic disaster and he was wrong. He'll blame you anyway. 

lol

14 hours ago, Jackie Sewell said:

McManaman came out again after the game with two staff and jogged around the pitch so not completely mardy.

Further to my post, how about, he feels a twinge as he makes the second goal, so immediate reaction is disappointment, which explains why he didn't sprint across to the corner flag. At full time he goes straight off for treatment has a massage and then comes out with two fitness trainers for a gentle jog. Why else would he come out again on a cold day instead of having a good shower? 

10 hours ago, Liamswfc92 said:

Should've come on earlier than he did. Putting him on for the junk minutes won't help. Granted he made an impact today but that won't happen every time.

Can understand his frustrations if there are any. He hasn't come here to warm the bench. You can argue that he's a better option than Wallace/Reach.

Remind me how many points we've been won in the 'junk minutes' this season...

Guest wilyfox

Good. I like a bit of attitude from attacking players. It motivates them. We knew McManaman was a hot-head before we took him on. Carlos will manage it. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Good. I like a bit of attitude from attacking players. It motivates them. We knew McManaman was a hot-head before we took him on. Carlos will manage it. 

dont think cc will tolerate bad attitude, hele be gone if he upsets the apple cart

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, debram said:

dont think cc will tolerate bad attitude, hele be gone if he upsets the apple cart

Well, Carlos said post-match he's very happy with McManaman - so I won't worry just yet.