how many people support the owls in the world?

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

What do you class as a supporter? Someone who pays to come to games or someone who has a passing interest?

Would say we have about 60,000 people in total who call themselves Wednesday fans and have paid to come and watch us in the last 3-4 years.

If you apply those rules, Man U have a lot fewer too. I don't think that definition works as Man U, for example, have loads around the globe who buy mechandise and watch avidly on on TV etc who would be called fans.

I think we are talking about those who would answer Sheffield Wednesday when asked who their no. 1 team were.

It doesn't really matter too much as long as you are applying the same definition when comparing to others

There are over 278,000 people who 'like' the official Sheffield Wednesday Facebook page, so you would expect all those people support Wednesday (why else would you like the Wednesday page?!). Add to those that don't use the Internet/don't use Facebook, I reckon the c. 500,000 Lee Strafford mentioned on the club's database is as accurate as we can predict.

Two Wednesdayites in our house plus 3 who aren't bothered about football,  so if you take us as the demographic for the average household that means there must be about 3 billion worldwide. If the 3 year old twins become Wednesdayites as well the figure rises to about 6 billion. Massive. 

I think it also means by the law of averages that one of the twins is Chinese. Possibly Ho Xin Wong but I reckon it's Emily. 

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

What do you class as a supporter? Someone who pays to come to games or someone who has a passing interest?

Would say we have about 60,000 people in total who call themselves Wednesday fans and have paid to come and watch us in the last 3-4 years.

I classify it as someone who looks for our result before any other.

There are Wednesday fans all over the world who can't get to games. I met a couple of guys in Brazil who loved Wednesday but hadn't lived in England for decades. Still fans as far as I'm concerned

Wait you actually think we have more than a million in the UK. Are you OK mate? Do you know the population of the UK. 

Fanbases in the U.K in this order, I reckon:  1.Man Utd 2.Liverpool 3. Arsenal 4.Chelsea 5. Leeds 6. Spurs 7. Newcastle 8. Aston Villa 9. Everton 10. Wednesday

Edited by WAWAWestwood

23 minutes ago, WAWAWestwood said:

Wait you actually think we have more than a million in the UK. Are you OK mate? Do you know the population of the UK. 

Fanbases in the U.K in this order, I reckon:  1.Man Utd 2.Liverpool 3. Arsenal 4.Chelsea 5. Leeds 6. Spurs 7. Newcastle 8. Aston Villa 9. Everton 10. Wednesday

Man City????