Plastic fans

1 hour ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

I seriously have to agree here they purchase a ticket online get to ground no idea where there seat is why not ask a steward to show you ? Then after 10mins your out yer seat for toilet and a pie them 5 mins after your mates ready for toilet they do nowt but moan then leave on 83mins WOW did you enjoy coming to hillsbrough? Sounds like you had a lot of fun 

Because no season ticket holder would ever go to the toilet, buy a pie or moan.

Just now, BigBlueDan said:

Because no season ticket holder would ever go to the toilet, buy a pie or moan.

Of course we do! But some take the wee wee!! Spend more time faffing about then watching game!

I'm sorry but I eat before game have a wee wee then I'm good to go until late half time if I need toilet again! Or a drink etc... then I'm good till 90+mins 

Each to their own I guess! But I will continue to have my views! Stop in an out your seats like yoyos it's unfair to those wishing to watch 90mins of football.

1 hour ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

I seriously have to agree here they purchase a ticket online get to ground no idea where there seat is why not ask a steward to show you ? Then after 10mins your out yer seat for toilet and a pie them 5 mins after your mates ready for toilet they do nowt but moan then leave on 83mins WOW did you enjoy coming to hillsbrough? Sounds like you had a lot of fun 

It wasn't like we were missing much on the pitch though was it...

I've never understood people not being able to find their seats in a football stadium.  It's not exactly difficult to read the row number and seat number is it!  I've been going 20+ years home and away and only ever sat in the wrong seat once (rows weren't labelled very well) at an away game.  Yet I see people every game wandering around like they've lost their granny!  Baffles me.

Just not bothered...

30,000 in the ground today and some season ticket knobber (I have a season ticket and might be a bit of knobber, but still) has the gall to start slagging people off. 

An excellent turn out. 

It's a crying shame that the player churned out a performance that would put most insomniacs into a coma. 

1 minute ago, SupremeOwl said:

It wasn't like we were missing much on the pitch though was it...

Not the point though is it ? An odd nip to toilet is fine but same repeated people getting out of their seats causing disruption there is just no need! It's on considerate.

44 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

I don't think it was. Was poor, but not as bad. Ipswich at home was the worst. Poorer than Rotherham at home.

We'll have to agree to disagree but:

v Ipswich we had more shots including on target and succumbed to a late goal.

v Rotherham was the same shots wise, they defended nearly the whole game and we won.

v Burton they killed us down the flanks, had more shots including on target and it is our biggest defeat of the season to date, we only scored due to a penalty which was awarded for God only knows.

1 hour ago, britpunk77 said:

Burton away was worse than Preston

Tbh didnt see the Burton game but watched us at Preston and we were poor

the difference from then to now is weve improved the team further including Adam Reach (5mil + 2 layer) who although scored at Preston had his worst performance yet as well as 90% of the other players and if we had the linesman (who was on the North stand today) at Preston the 2 goals they had disalowed would have stuck

ps Never get owt against a team with Nigel Clough as manager

How ignorant. I was there with my printed ticket, just as I have been for most home games and 2 away games this season. Does that make me less of a fan? N0b.

Oh and it's worth noting that I see the same season ticket holders getting up for a p iss and leaving early most games.

I'm a part timer.  Managed  6 games in  40 years on this earth. 

Would love to be there every week if I could. 

Didnt moan,  sang and clapped as did my kids.  Stayed in our seats and  we're some of the last to leave the stadium. 

Not all part timers are like that,  plenty of regulars leave early.  And it's those one offs and part timers that become regulars.  We should be glad of this new blood coming into this club,  our fanbase is constantly refreshing itself.  No doubt there's fans there today in their 70's being coming some a lad. Good job we didn't discourage them on their first visit 

5 hours ago, stevewhiterose said:

They were out in force today. Wandering around like zombies, with their printed tickets. Looking and failing to find their seats. They then spend the whole match disturbing everyone with their trips for chips and drinks. Of course they then do the same by leaving five minutes early!!...see you next Christmas.

A bit like Pompous Two-hats... like yourself then.

5 hours ago, stevewhiterose said:

They were out in force today. Wandering around like zombies, with their printed tickets. Looking and failing to find their seats. They then spend the whole match disturbing everyone with their trips for chips and drinks. Of course they then do the same by leaving five minutes early!!...see you next Christmas.

...kin ell, wait while we start playing pwoper football, some start singing and standing up and stuff even while playing!, sometimes thugs throw chips at the linesman, it can only get worst....banam

5 hours ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Not like some of the TrueFans at away games then? So busy on the beer they forget a match is actually on. You alway get the groups turning up 10 minutes into the match, leaving 10 minutes before half time to get a beer, coming back to the wrong seats halfway through the second half and flippingoff 10 minutes later.

Why doesn't everybody worry about themselves rather than having a dig at people who have come out to support th club. If they want to come once a season, so what? It's not like Hillsborough is packed every week with scores of die hard supporters peering through the fence wishing they could get tickets.

I know plenty of fans travel long distances for every game or give up a lot to be there but for some, bank holiday games are a good chance to see a game without having to worry about work or the kids being at school or any other reason that people can't go as often as they would like.

4 hours ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Not the point though is it ? An odd nip to toilet is fine but same repeated people getting out of their seats causing disruption there is just no need! It's on considerate.

Ever crossed your mind that there could well be a perfectly good reason (other than your thoughts as to why they were up and down), for why the same repeated persons were getting out of their seats, possibly to visit the loo frequently (Weak Bladder or Bowels) or to Stretch their legs or other body muscles (Countless Illnesses covered) ?

I think it's hugely ignorant to just think people that leave / return to their seats for the sake of it and just to pish off those around them is a thing, come on ffs, engage brains please.

I personally couldn't care less how many times that I have to get up / down in my seat at games (trust me this causes me huge pain), to allow people to pass - as I think of others and not just myself, also being able to be empathetic to society and not ignorant to it apart from myself!

This is probably the daftest chat I have read in many years. There were just over 30,000 there compared with our average this season of 26,000+. So about 4,000 more than normal. 1,000 of these were in the lower West so it was about 1,000 in each of the three main stands. Not that many and yet a whole thread carping about the behaviour of these extra people. Other threads criticising the SAG and how low the capacity has been limited to are correct but clearly there are some on here who would prefer the limit to be 26,000 so occasional attenders never come. Unbelievable!

Yes, the atmosphere was exceptionally quiet and would have been even quieter if not for the much maligned band. Don't blame the supporters - everyone came hoping for a cracking match but there was hardly any excitement on the pitch other than the final 15 minutes. It was a dour and uninspiring performance with very little to excite anyone.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

This is probably the daftest chat I have read in many years. There were just over 30,000 there compared with our average this season of 26,000+. So about 4,000 more than normal. 1,000 of these were in the lower West so it was about 1,000 in each of the three main stands. Not that many and yet a whole thread carping about the behaviour of these extra people. Other threads criticising the SAG and how low the capacity has been limited to are correct but clearly there are some on here who would prefer the limit to be 26,000 so occasional attenders never come. Unbelievable!

Yes, the atmosphere was exceptionally quiet and would have been even quieter if not for the much maligned band. Don't blame the supporters - everyone came hoping for a cracking match but there was hardly any excitement on the pitch other than the final 15 minutes. It was a dour and uninspiring performance with very little to excite anyone.

This.

Furthermore, every time a player showed even a little bit of willing- such as Hutch- the crowd instantly showed their appreciation.

Unfortunately there was little to shout about yesterday. The performance was awful. And not for the first time.