Plastic fans

10 hours ago, darklord said:

I'm a part timer.  Managed  6 games in  40 years on this earth. 

Would love to be there every week if I could. 

Didnt moan,  sang and clapped as did my kids.  Stayed in our seats and  we're some of the last to leave the stadium. 

Not all part timers are like that,  plenty of regulars leave early.  And it's those one offs and part timers that become regulars.  We should be glad of this new blood coming into this club,  our fanbase is constantly refreshing itself.  No doubt there's fans there today in their 70's being coming some a lad. Good job we didn't discourage them on their first visit 

So I have been reading your many comments over the years believing that you know what you are talking about. And now you admit that you actually only ever attend a match about once every 6 years! I accept the right of so called "supporters" who never go to a game to have the right to spout rubbish on Owlstalk based on no real experience at all but how on earth one of the major contributors to the site can do it based on no real information or first hand experience is quite staggering. I will ensure that anything I read from you in future is in the context of  "theoretical supporter only".

Absolutely pathetic OP and thread, slagging off your fellow fans.

Surely the definition of a plastic fan is someone who supports a team because they win lots of things, in days gone by Liverpool and manure. Today that's likely to be City and Chelsea, not a team in the 2nd division scrapping for a play off spot and playing crap football. 

10 hours ago, robster_owl said:

Ever crossed your mind that there could well be a perfectly good reason (other than your thoughts as to why they were up and down), for why the same repeated persons were getting out of their seats, possibly to visit the loo frequently (Weak Bladder or Bowels) or to Stretch their legs or other body muscles (Countless Illnesses covered) ?

I think it's hugely ignorant to just think people that leave / return to their seats for the sake of it and just to pish off those around them is a thing, come on ffs, engage brains please.

I personally couldn't care less how many times that I have to get up / down in my seat at games (trust me this causes me huge pain), to allow people to pass - as I think of others and not just myself, also being able to be empathetic to society and not ignorant to it apart from myself!

Firstly I agree there could be people with such conditions I do sit next to some lovely people!

But there is one idiot in particular he's only in his early twenties constantly in an out of his seat givimg gip to away fans acting idiot one particular incident at wolves game a friend of his wanted to get out of his seat for toilet he wouldn't let him past so hence been stood up blocking our view an he does these sorts of things regular but I keep my mouth shut this sort of behavior wee wees me off i understand there are genuine cases but let's be real not all fans are saints ? 

And I'm not bothered that they only turn up once a season it's the fact they seem to know it all bloody useless this team we can't win anything with squad we need to spend big!

One guy in particular not many matches ago felt the need to come down to front block my view and give Westwood a good grilling f....ing and blinding there's just no need for It!!!

I'm getting at these types of fans that spoil it for others!

Genuine people that say excuse me to go loo is all fine I'm a polite enough fan!

Just showing my anger at those inconsiderate lot!!!!!

Edited by Owls-Ya-Doin

15 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

I've never understood people not being able to find their seats in a football stadium.  It's not exactly difficult to read the row number and seat number is it!  I've been going 20+ years home and away and only ever sat in the wrong seat once (rows weren't labelled very well) at an away game.  Yet I see people every game wandering around like they've lost their granny!  Baffles me.

So someone who's been going 20 years manages to find his seat while someone who hasn't been often doesn't.

I'm staggered, it just can't be true.

4 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

So I have been reading your many comments over the years believing that you know what you are talking about. And now you admit that you actually only ever attend a match about once every 6 years! I accept the right of so called "supporters" who never go to a game to have the right to spout rubbish on Owlstalk based on no real experience at all but how on earth one of the major contributors to the site can do it based on no real information or first hand experience is quite staggering. I will ensure that anything I read from you in future is in the context of  "theoretical supporter only".

Its truly ironic that you complain about people 'spouting rubbish' in this comment. 

I know plenty of people who go to every game who talk utter nonsense. Bit like the season ticket holder behind me who said, and I quote "Almen Abdi is the worst player to ever wear the shirt". You'd have thought that the regulars with their superior knowledge of Sheffield Wednesday would know better than this.

If I never go to a game all year but spend £200 of my hard earned money on shirts for my kids does that make me a 'theoretical supporter'? My God, we're Sheffield bleedin Wednesday not Real Madrid. We dont have glory supporters here you know.

As far as I'm concerned you're supporter as long as you say 'I support Sheffield Wednesday'. Doesnt matter if you attend every game, half the games, no games or do as much as by a pen from the Megastore. All supporters. End of for me.

6 hours ago, prowl said:

So someone who's been going 20 years manages to find his seat while someone who hasn't been often doesn't.

I'm staggered, it just can't be true.

What's difficult about it though, your ticket has a gangway number, a row number/letter and a seat number.  What's difficult about that?

Just not bothered...

3 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

What's difficult about it though, your ticket has a gangway number, a row number/letter and a seat number.  What's difficult about that?

Not much to you and me but there are people who just get confused by stuff. It's ok for most people but you never know why people are asking. Some are thick, some are p*ssed, some have kids with them.

It's easy to point people in the right direction. You never know if everyone is nice to them they might get into the habit of going to games.

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

Not much to you and me but there are people who just get confused by stuff. It's ok for most people but you never know why people are asking. Some are thick, some are p*ssed, some have kids with them.

It's easy to point people in the right direction. You never know if everyone is nice to them they might get into the habit of going to games.

Why not ask the steward, why not turn up in time to find your seat?  Let the kids navigate if you're struggling they'll clearly have a better idea!

Just not bothered...