Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

10 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Good thinking.

Its an obvious point but it seems like some are very low on patience despite the decades of decline that we're coming back from. Getting an owner who pledges to stick around until the job is done seems appealing to me but lots are so spoilt and impatient that 'whatever it takes' can only be seen in terms of money as they mistakenly believe that's all it takes.

Edited by Sonny

6 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

For those who were privy to the thread going slightly off topic last night, well, I'm a man of my word, and here's the proof from the nurse  -:

1485793877943320528358.jpg

Not acceptable. Gory photos required.

5 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

For those who were privy to the thread going slightly off topic last night, well, I'm a man of my word, and here's the proof from the nurse  -:

And you think you're going to get away with that?

Get yer Jalopeno ready for witness testing. We'll decide on who is to ensure you do the deed later but I'm not into nobwatching myself.

I prefer to sit at home with a beer, monitoring the remaining few dozen of Villa's transfer window purchases.

17 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Its an obvious point but it seems like some are very low on patience despite the decades of decline that we're coming back from. Getting an owner who pledges to stick around until the job is done seems appealing to me but lots are so spoilt and impatient that 'whatever it takes' can only be seen in terms of money as they mistakenly believe that's all it takes.

I think some of us are just more sceptical/cautious/pessimistic than others.

I want us to get back to the PL this season or next because I am sceptical regarding FFP.  I am sceptical regarding the amount of money Chansiri has.  I am sceptical regarding the amount of money any owner is willing to continue to plough in.

I am sure that Hull, Cardiff, Forest, Fulham, Birmingham, QPR, Wolves, Blackburn, Sunderland, Charlton etc fans all had high hopes for new foreign owners at some point in the past 10 years before they all realised that their foreign owner wasn't going to carry on ploughing money in indefinitely.

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

For my "off topic" friends from last night, what ridiculous subject are we going to discuss tonight. Keep it clean but funny.

We need to decide if Tinks gets a good spanking. 

I think we should allow her to choose her own punishment though.

Maybe bake us all a cake or something?

4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I think some of us are just more sceptical/cautious/pessimistic than others.

I want us to get back to the PL this season or next because I am sceptical regarding FFP.  I am sceptical regarding the amount of money Chansiri has.  I am sceptical regarding the amount of money any owner is willing to continue to plough in.

I am sure that Hull, Cardiff, Forest, Fulham, Birmingham, QPR, Wolves, Blackburn, Sunderland, Charlton etc fans all had high hopes for new foreign owners at some point in the past 10 years before they all realised that their foreign owner wasn't going to carry on ploughing money in indefinitely.

I really don't think some or most think about it any anywhere near as much detail as you. Certainly not the ones I was talking about.

20 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Hmmm I don't think that sticker does what you went through justice? Frankly some form of medal would be due, not sure what medal would be apppropriate for you though.

unless it didn't happen? In which case surly further punishment is required for frauding the good OT people. 

If Chansiri wants to get out of this league he'll almost certainly have to break FFP to do it at some point. The question is, when? I do think that there is a genuine interest in Rhodes, and I think he'd sign him if we had better odds for going up. Brighton killed off any lingering hopes of automatic, and the play-offs are too risky to sign the likes of Rhodes unless you're parachute. Our biggest game of the season is against Reading, at least as far as Chansiri is concerned, and it can't have gone down well that Reading are doing better than us. I genuinely think that if we don't go up this season, then there will be a change in management. I know he's a nice bloke, but it's not our money. Well, some of it is, but not much. lol

can't really moan if nothing happens tomorrow

I've already said imo JR is a use of funds we could and should've used on other areas of the team 

very easy for us 50p  millionaires to suggest he pays the price boro are asking  but again imo I'm glad he apparently hasn't yet anyway 

most sensible journos were saying a month ago that if we got him it would be late on the last day personally I'd be after scowen a cb and a right back