Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

Probably the defeat at Brighton put paid to it. Had we won that game, then we'd still have been in with a chance of automatic promotion. Under those circumstances maybe Chansiri would have gambled. As it is, the best we can hope for is a play-off lottery, so he probably thinks it's too much of a risk.

3 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Ok so taking the Rhodes tinted specs off, if we don't make another signing before the deadline, are we comfortable we will make the play offs?

Well, no. Not really. We've been fortunate that Norwich and Derby haven't done better, even without factoring a post-window Villa into the equation. It's Leeds, Huddersfield and Reading who've really put the cat amongst the pigeons, though, as they've unexpectedly taken three play-off places. I think we'll finish 8th. And it won't sit well with Chansiri that Reading are doing better than us.

Biggs is still trying to claim we're in for Rhodes & likens it to a game of poker.

Listening to CC interview it is clear that:

1. We won't pay the £10m fee

2. Rhodes would have to halve his salary

Whilst CC didn't mention names he did refer to our salary structure & how we would not break it for a player on double.

Don't know if anyone else is following this account but he's been very accurate so far with Villa transfers. He's definitely got a contact. He seems to think they are in for another big money striker in addition to Rhodes.

@avfctransfers1 We have movenent today and it's very cloak & dagger, big signing I was told - as always I'm waiting on name - 2 more tomorrow

Edited by Saxondale

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

Don't know if anyone else is following this account but he's been very accurate so far with Villa transfers. He's definitely got a contact. He seems to think they are in for another big money striker in addition to Rhodes.

@avfctransfers1 We have movenent today and it's very cloak & dagger, big signing I was told - as always I'm waiting on name - 2 more tomorrow

You heard or seen anything medical wise at Claremont, Sax ?

The thing is, the top two look in such a strong position this season, that I can't see any of the non-parachute clubs gambling. Veela aren't gambling. They've got a PL wage structure, and they've been given £50 million and told not to come back till they've spent it. Brucie keeps thwarting us, because he's always got parachute money behind him, as was the case at Hull.

9 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

I don't think he'd still be in post if he has any real say.

Well, the odds are that we won't go up this season. If that happens, then I can't see Carlos keeping his job. Chansiri will have to sack him, purely to maintain hope and sell tickets. The season ticket money matters because FFP is dependent upon it. If we sell fewer season tickets in the summer, then we'll have less wiggle room in the transfer market.

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Well, the odds are that we won't go up this season. If that happens, then I can't see Carlos keeping his job. Chansiri will have to sack him, purely to maintain hope and sell tickets. The season ticket money matters because FFP is dependent upon it. If we sell fewer season tickets in the summer, then we'll have less wiggle room in the transfer market.

Doubt that we will sell more season tickets next year due to the number of 3 year tickets sold for this and the next 2 seasons

Speaking of season tickets, I wonder what they are going to come up with now Joe Palmer is the commercial guy. 

I suspect somehing similar to last time where you can get multi year ticket for big up from price. 

I got he 3 year one and it's great not having to worry about it for another 2 years. I hope they make it even more enticing for fans. 

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Loan deal in place if they can't find a buyer? 

I think that's the only outside chance we have now. 

Villa will get him or perhaps Norwich with a late bid. 

We've spaffed our budget on players that don't play. Terrible recruitment strategy the last window has cost us in this one. 

Lets hope Hooper can get fit before March and start firing