Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

5 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

Said he didn't know if anything would be done, refused to talk about specific names again (Joao to wigan/blackburn for example) although sounds like there might be movement out. Hinted that agents were using our name and we need to ignore fantasy world.

Hopefully he is bluffing and we do get 1 or 2 in.

7 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

Said he didn't know if anything would be done, refused to talk about specific names again (Joao to wigan/blackburn for example) although sounds like there might be movement out. Hinted that agents were using our name and we need to ignore fantasy world.

It's obvious. He's on about Fantasy Island - Rhodes.

Then factor in that classic line "yes Boss"

It's that old Portuguese tactic of a double-triple bluff again.

lol

07ca3a7ccd6dced940959e1052031d9c.jpg

22 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Wasn't our bid 8 million with add ons?

Although this has never been confirmed anywhere. 

We could do with this getting wrapped up quickly because if we miss out we need time to get other targets in. 

We've already signed our other target/back up plan, I.e. Sam winnall 

I hope CC is bluffing & that we really are trying to get some players in. Not JR specifically but right now we are not good enough & another injury etc in midfield & we're in trouble of holding onto a play off spot, & right now we are holding onto it rather than it being comfortable.

21 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Our misuse of transfer funds has has been abysmal. Still chronically short in defence, midfields in tatters from Lee's injury and the strikers can hardly buy a goal between them. 

I completely agree which I feel just strengthens the argument that Carlos has nothing to do with recruitment, if he had the Chairman would have been asking questions of hi, along time before now.

31 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Our misuse of transfer funds has has been abysmal. Still chronically short in defence, midfields in tatters from Lee's injury and the strikers can hardly buy a goal between them. 

Its not the strikers, it's the set-up.