Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

39 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Rhodes aside, it would be a mistake not to cover Lee.

Would cost millions for a box to box fit to lace Lee's boots.

Not sure who is around potentially on loan?

Also, if we get a Lee, Bannan will play LW and we will be awful.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Would cost millions for a box to box fit to lace Lee's boots.

Not sure who is around potentially on loan?

Also, if we get a Lee, Bannan will play LW and we will be awful.

Buy Scowen or Irvine. Or borrow Lewis Cook. Lee is the only box-to-box mid we've got. Offset his loss, or we'll go backwards I tell thee. Jones and Abdi don't play that way. 

Just now, Carlton's Dealer said:

or I know this might be a radical idea, drop Bannan

But we know he would play left.

Personally I think Bannan is an excellent (not perfect but who is?) CM and an inadequate LW/LM who unbalanced the team.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Buy Scowen or Irvine. Or borrow Lewis Cook. Lee is the only box-to-box mid we've got. Offset his loss, or we'll go backwards I tell thee. Jones and Abdi don't play that way. 

Though Jones or Hutch does allow Bannan to play higher.

30 minutes ago, marshy said:

Mattias injured again. WTF.

Carlos says "These things happen in football". Yes Carlos but players do tend to play some matches between injuries, as a rule. I reckon Matias must have glass bones to be out as often as he is. What a waste of a wage! It was suggested he would go out on loan but whose going to take him if he's injured ATM.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Though Jones or Hutch does allow Bannan to play higher.

Bannan is best left to pull the strings in midfield. He isn't as potent bursting forward like Lee does. I really can't overstate the loss of Kieran Lee. Lee and Hutch have been awesome this season. To lose Lee's energy and Hutch's bite may cost us. 

Edited by wilyfox

In all honesty, ijuries aside we've been flat all season. Sure, we've ground out results and ridden our luck a few times, but overall the performances have been average at best. This has never looked like a team destined for promotion; we have good players at this level, true, but they just don't gel. I can understand why the chairman wouldn't sanction any big-money signings in this window. Hand on heart, were it your money, would you? Winnall at £500 000's one thing; Rhodes at £9 million is quite another. A non-parachute club has to be pretty sure of promotion to spend that sort of rhino, and it would be a brave chairman to cough that up with Carlos at the helm, judging by this season's efforts. Chansiri will probably try to shift a few in this window and keep his money in his pocket until the summer, when he can review the managerial situation.

10 minutes ago, darklord said:

Rhodes will sign.  Hell be through on goal on his  debut about to score the winner when a piece off the ISS will fall to earth slicing his legs off

Dont ever make up your own bedtime stories for the kids!