Rotherham fan

2 minutes ago, steveger said:

Nah Cumnock In Ayrshire originally,moved to Maltby when i was 7, lived there until i was 20, then again for a few years around 2000, worked down Maltby Colliery for a few years in 1990- 93, cant stand the place now to be honest when i visit

You mean you liked it before?

Its improved.

They no longer wash their clothes in the Craggs, 

Someone remind me the last time Rotherham (or United) won one of the real cups?  I know it was 25 years ago for us, but it's still an awful lot more recent than for their of those clubs.

"I know there are people who claim their grandad can remember hearing about them winning something in black and white, but there’s been diddly squat that anyone still in possession of their faculties can recall."

15 minutes ago, steveger said:

Had some great times at Maltby Comp and down the pit, had some great mates back then.....

Would never move back again though, it never changes apart from the Queens is a Wetherspoons.. I avoided that dump anyway, i was strictly a White Swan and Don Jon regular, with a touch of Haynook now and again :biggrin:

Didn't they have a Chapter of Hell Angels at The Queens but they just didn't have an actual motorbike between them?

The Queens was infamous for its trouble, very clannish in Maltby if you hit one of them you hit them all.

Outsiders were definitely not welcome .

7 minutes ago, Buzz said:

Was driving past the new York the other day and called in fer some bread and milk!  Apparently they play football there! It's not a tescos express! 

I keep hearing some parts of dome aren't finished, I thought they were minted and heading to Premier league according to chairman.

Edited by bradowl

5 hours ago, AlanLee said:

A small article in our local paper, The Bugle, I thought you may be interested in....

Rotherham United fans get another opportunity to step back in time this weekend when the team visit Hillsborough for the championship clash with Sheffield Wednesday.

Football fans in the middle of the last century were expected to endure appalling conditions and facilities in support of their team and the Hillsborough stadium has been left virtually untouched as a living museum and a reminder of those dark days.

For Rotherham supporters, this is something of a novelty, but Millers fans attending the match on Saturday are being asked to spare a thought for the  Deedars for whom this is a weekly reality.

“I well remember them coming to the New York Stadium last season” said Dave Brewer from the Millers supporters association “They were wide eyed with amazement. Many of them had never had an unobscured view of the pitch, a decent seat or a wee wee in a proper toilet before. It’s what it must have been like when one of those African tribes saw an aeroplane for the first time. They were so happy, and it was really sad knowing the squalor they would have to go back to. Bless ’em. We know it costs a ridiculous amount to visit Hillsborough, even though everything about it is poo , but we’re happy to pay. Our  footballing heritage needs preserving”

Meanwhile, in other Millers news, TV personality Karl Pilkington has made a promising start to his temporary job as Rotherham United Manager, securing the clubs first victory in 112 days last Saturday against QPR. Pilkington has lost some weight and taken on a Norfolk accent for his new TV series, a comedy documentary loosely based on the 1980s series Troubleshooter, in which he attempts to rescue seemingly doomed enterprises. Other episodes will feature the Imperial Typewriter factory and a Betamax video production plant near Crewe.

http://www.rotherhambugle.com/2016/12/13/millers-fans-to-step-back-in-time/

Is this why they've only sold 14 tickets or is it their all staying home to keep the kids away from the paedo's

5 hours ago, AlanLee said:

or a wee wee in a proper toilet before.

Not sure if this was last season, or the season we made the late comeback, but I remember at half time, the tinpot toytown toilets could not handle the amount of wednesday fans in there, and the urinals started to flood and the whole toilet floor was covered in wee wee, resulting in fans going in the female toilets! 

In all fairness to Rotherham fans and to give credit where it's due they are probably the most well balanced football supporters in the country.

Every one of them has a massive chip on each shoulder , they are even more obsessed with us than the pigs. The sooner they go back to rotting in the lower leagues the better.