Rotherham fan

A small article in our local paper, The Bugle, I thought you may be interested in....

Rotherham United fans get another opportunity to step back in time this weekend when the team visit Hillsborough for the championship clash with Sheffield Wednesday.

Football fans in the middle of the last century were expected to endure appalling conditions and facilities in support of their team and the Hillsborough stadium has been left virtually untouched as a living museum and a reminder of those dark days.

For Rotherham supporters, this is something of a novelty, but Millers fans attending the match on Saturday are being asked to spare a thought for the  Deedars for whom this is a weekly reality.

“I well remember them coming to the New York Stadium last season” said Dave Brewer from the Millers supporters association “They were wide eyed with amazement. Many of them had never had an unobscured view of the pitch, a decent seat or a wee wee in a proper toilet before. It’s what it must have been like when one of those African tribes saw an aeroplane for the first time. They were so happy, and it was really sad knowing the squalor they would have to go back to. Bless ’em. We know it costs a ridiculous amount to visit Hillsborough, even though everything about it is poo , but we’re happy to pay. Our  footballing heritage needs preserving”

Meanwhile, in other Millers news, TV personality Karl Pilkington has made a promising start to his temporary job as Rotherham United Manager, securing the clubs first victory in 112 days last Saturday against QPR. Pilkington has lost some weight and taken on a Norfolk accent for his new TV series, a comedy documentary loosely based on the 1980s series Troubleshooter, in which he attempts to rescue seemingly doomed enterprises. Other episodes will feature the Imperial Typewriter factory and a Betamax video production plant near Crewe.

http://www.rotherhambugle.com/2016/12/13/millers-fans-to-step-back-in-time/

Oh, and another interesting read for you boys from the same paper....

Some local football fans were in shock this week after it emerged that having a lot of supporters doesn’t make you any better at football. A study by the University of South Mexborough has reached the shocking conclusion that it’s possible to have thousands of deluded optimists chucking money at you every week and still win absolutely sod all.

“Sheffield Wednesday are an excellent example of this phenomenon.” said Professor Ray King who headed up the study team “I know there are people who claim their grandad can remember hearing about them winning something in black and white, but there’s been diddly squat that anyone still in possession of their faculties can recall. And yet they still claim to be a massive club, just because a lot of people are daft enough to sit in a dilapidated stadium every week, watch them underperform – and pay through the nose to do it. It’s like claiming your local takeaway is fantastic because people keep going back even though there are rats in the kitchen and the food is bobbar.”

Professor Kings comments bring back memories of last year’s Championship playoff final at Wembley where Wednesday fans jumped up and down like bell ends, and  are still banging on about taking more fans than Hull, but the team never got a kick. “It’s a form of mass hypnotism .”said “Professor King“They’re the sort of people who would be strutting around on a working men’s club stage thinking they’re chickens given a bit of encouragement. It’s quite sad really.”

We tried to get a view from Carlo Calpol, the Owls manager, prior to the clash with local rivals Rotherham United on Saturday, but nobody had any idea what he was saying.

http://www.rotherhambugle.com/2016/12/14/having-a-lot-of-fans-doesnt-make-you-any-good-at-football-new-study-reveals/

Sorry if I'm walking into an in joke here but you know it is a joke news site right?

We decided to launch The Rotherham Bugle after identifying a fundamental problem with other news based media covering  the South Yorkshire area – they are restricted by a requirement that they stick to reporting on things that actually happened. And here’s the problem with that –  what actually happened tends to be boring.
And so from the very start, we made an editorial decision to give facts a back seat. Yes, you may find a grain of truth hidden away somewhere, but it’s more by accident than design. If you do find something that’s true, don’t judge us too harshly. Anyone can make mistakes.

9 minutes ago, jamsandwich said:

they're not wrong though. the lepp is an embarassement

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Leppings Lane stand is a shocker

Yeah

But is is still far too good for them scrubbers.

Saw this drivel on Facebook about a week ago. I can imagine all the Pigs and Mini-Pigs together at their annual "We Hate Wendy" convention passing round paper copies of this slapping each other on the back and hugging in hysterics.

Before moving on to private rooms to satisfy each other.

8 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Oh, and another interesting read for you boys from the same paper....

Some local football fans were in shock this week after it emerged that having a lot of supporters doesn’t make you any better at football. A study by the University of South Mexborough has reached the shocking conclusion that it’s possible to have thousands of deluded optimists chucking money at you every week and still win absolutely sod all.

“Sheffield Wednesday are an excellent example of this phenomenon.” said Professor Ray King who headed up the study team “I know there are people who claim their grandad can remember hearing about them winning something in black and white, but there’s been diddly squat that anyone still in possession of their faculties can recall. And yet they still claim to be a massive club, just because a lot of people are daft enough to sit in a dilapidated stadium every week, watch them underperform – and pay through the nose to do it. It’s like claiming your local takeaway is fantastic because people keep going back even though there are rats in the kitchen and the food is bobbar.”

Professor Kings comments bring back memories of last year’s Championship playoff final at Wembley where Wednesday fans jumped up and down like bell ends, and  are still banging on about taking more fans than Hull, but the team never got a kick. “It’s a form of mass hypnotism .”said “Professor King“They’re the sort of people who would be strutting around on a working men’s club stage thinking they’re chickens given a bit of encouragement. It’s quite sad really.”

We tried to get a view from Carlo Calpol, the Owls manager, prior to the clash with local rivals Rotherham United on Saturday, but nobody had any idea what he was saying.

http://www.rotherhambugle.com/2016/12/14/having-a-lot-of-fans-doesnt-make-you-any-good-at-football-new-study-reveals/

You've just reminded me.....must go and have a look at the league table.

10 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

“I know there are people who claim their grandad can remember hearing about them winning something in black and white, but there’s been diddly squat that anyone still in possession of their faculties can recall"

I've still got my Rumbelows Cup trucker cap. Its not black and white, have i lost my faculties?

15 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

A small article in our local paper, The Bugle, I thought you may be interested in....

Rotherham United fans get another opportunity to step back in time this weekend when the team visit Hillsborough for the championship clash with Sheffield Wednesday.

Football fans in the middle of the last century were expected to endure appalling conditions and facilities in support of their team and the Hillsborough stadium has been left virtually untouched as a living museum and a reminder of those dark days.

For Rotherham supporters, this is something of a novelty, but Millers fans attending the match on Saturday are being asked to spare a thought for the  Deedars for whom this is a weekly reality.

“I well remember them coming to the New York Stadium last season” said Dave Brewer from the Millers supporters association “They were wide eyed with amazement. Many of them had never had an unobscured view of the pitch, a decent seat or a wee wee in a proper toilet before. It’s what it must have been like when one of those African tribes saw an aeroplane for the first time. They were so happy, and it was really sad knowing the squalor they would have to go back to. Bless ’em. We know it costs a ridiculous amount to visit Hillsborough, even though everything about it is poo , but we’re happy to pay. Our  footballing heritage needs preserving”

Meanwhile, in other Millers news, TV personality Karl Pilkington has made a promising start to his temporary job as Rotherham United Manager, securing the clubs first victory in 112 days last Saturday against QPR. Pilkington has lost some weight and taken on a Norfolk accent for his new TV series, a comedy documentary loosely based on the 1980s series Troubleshooter, in which he attempts to rescue seemingly doomed enterprises. Other episodes will feature the Imperial Typewriter factory and a Betamax video production plant near Crewe.

http://www.rotherhambugle.com/2016/12/13/millers-fans-to-step-back-in-time/

We all know the Rovrum fans are a bit 'mentally challenged', Alan, but when posting on a rival's forum you really should try to keep up.

This drivel was brought to our attention in a thread posted by one of our own at about 10pm last night.

Rovrum tho' lol