Rotherham fan

9 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Chansiri has openly said he won't make it cheap for away fans. 

I take the point on prices but to be fair Barnsley brought a decent amount for a Tuesday night so there's no reason why Rotherham couldnt bring more than 400. 

I think the price is an excuse for some who are writing off this season. 

Exactly. And why should he? He probably realises that our fans have been ripped off for years, especially at clubs like Rotherham who conveniently increase their ticket prices for away supporters when Wednesday are in town.

16 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Yes. This is my penultimate visit to your board for what may be a long time. That's why I've begrudgingly bought a ticket. Part of me thinks you can shove your £36 the week before Christmas and the other part of me thinks, pay the extra £13 and enjoy the ale crawl and see what happens regarding the football. Seems that most Rotherham fans have had enough of Wednesday and Leeds ripping off fans and just decided enough is enough. Hats off to them, I personally won't be going to Leeds on 2nd Jan. That'll be the first time I've missed there but you and them are taking liberties with fans loyalties - and Elland Rd is a lot worse than Hillsborough especially given how away fans are shoved into a corner with an awful view of the pitch.

I think Barnsley's got it right with this reciprocal pricing idea. If every club did that, the prices would soon come

down cos fans would put pressure on their own club to set a fair price all round. Barnsley charged us £20 this season with good concession tickets. We took just over 3,500. We'll charge them £23. Bit more but still reasonable. We'll also charge Wednesday fans £23 which I think is wrong given Chansiri's insistence and hiking the prices for us. As a result we're bring a few hundred. 4,000 less than a couple of years ago and 6,000 less than when Ronnie Moore was in charge. 

I know there are other factors involved for us this time like the fact we're relegated, have the worst away record in our history and its the last Saturday before Christmas but the fact is Chansiri has for it all wrong. Not many clubs sell out your away end these days and there must be 15,000 empty seats altogether so why not just half the prices, fill the ground, make a special atmosphere and encourage the next generation of fans to keep going whilst still making the same amount of cash as he is now with a half empty ground.

Anyway, obviously we're most probably going to get spanked tomorrow but I don't follow Rotherham to watch champagne football. I'd watch them playing in the North Counties League if thats where we were. Bookies have us at over 8/1 which is pretty unheard of for a 2 horse race in the English league. So as ever, I live in hope. Come on you Reds.

I don't necessarily agree with ticket prices at Hillsborough, but to say Mr Chansiri has got it wrong when we are seeing our highest crowds in over 20 years suggests he's getting something right.

Also, more often that not, you get what you pay for. £23 to watch a team sat adrift at the bottom of the league or £33 to watch a team fighting for promotion to the Premier League...?

Football has been expensive for years, but it still compares price wise to other forms of entertainment, and of course following your football club means a lot more to people than going to a music festival, theatre, cinema, etc because of the emotional connection.

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

Exactly. And why should he? He probably realises that our fans have been ripped off for years, especially at clubs like Rotherham who conveniently increase their ticket prices for away supporters when Wednesday are in town.

This. Because of our big away following and high demand for tickets, we've been ripped off for as long as I've been following Wednesday. Great to see we are returning the favour!

On 16 December 2016 at 13:11, AlanLee said:

A small article in our local paper, The Bugle, I thought you may be interested in....

Rotherham United fans get another opportunity to step back in time this weekend when the team visit Hillsborough for the championship clash with Sheffield Wednesday.

Football fans in the middle of the last century were expected to endure appalling conditions and facilities in support of their team and the Hillsborough stadium has been left virtually untouched as a living museum and a reminder of those dark days.

For Rotherham supporters, this is something of a novelty, but Millers fans attending the match on Saturday are being asked to spare a thought for the  Deedars for whom this is a weekly reality.

“I well remember them coming to the New York Stadium last season” said Dave Brewer from the Millers supporters association “They were wide eyed with amazement. Many of them had never had an unobscured view of the pitch, a decent seat or a wee wee in a proper toilet before. It’s what it must have been like when one of those African tribes saw an aeroplane for the first time. They were so happy, and it was really sad knowing the squalor they would have to go back to. Bless ’em. We know it costs a ridiculous amount to visit Hillsborough, even though everything about it is poo , but we’re happy to pay. Our  footballing heritage needs preserving”

Meanwhile, in other Millers news, TV personality Karl Pilkington has made a promising start to his temporary job as Rotherham United Manager, securing the clubs first victory in 112 days last Saturday against QPR. Pilkington has lost some weight and taken on a Norfolk accent for his new TV series, a comedy documentary loosely based on the 1980s series Troubleshooter, in which he attempts to rescue seemingly doomed enterprises. Other episodes will feature the Imperial Typewriter factory and a Betamax video production plant near Crewe.

http://www.rotherhambugle.com/2016/12/13/millers-fans-to-step-back-in-time/

1-0!!! Ha ha ha

11 hours ago, Cersei said:

No it's Chansiri squeezing the fans.

Not squeezing me or my 2 student sons or the 20,000 majority.

We are paying less than we ever have.

I would re phrase your comment to "Squeezing the fans who want to pick & choose their games who can't or won't commit up front".

Look at the recent crowd stats and admit you have lost the argument and that our Chairman had got his strategy right all along.

Thanks for the 3 pts and making us chuckle Alan. I may not have as long to wait as other Wednesdayites to see you again, as I occasionally watch Stocksbridge Park Steels. Until then bye, enjoy getting turned over by Donny next year.

Edited by OWL1969