Bannan needs to up his game

12 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

The guy is being played wildly out of position.  It's incredibly harsh to criticise him for it.

As a professional  you have to be able to play in a different role, as a one dimensional player its hard to adapt.

Think you might be onto something there.

I've said it for weeks he's not been up to the standards he set last year. He needs to learn to play it simple as well because too many times he try's to do a fancy flick which doesn't come off and inevitably puts us under pressure

Edited by s6 owl

1 hour ago, peacock1961 said:

Have to agree, he did a bit of chasing down, but seems to be going through the motions when he has the ball. I think he believes he's Zidane.

If this is the case then we should change the words in his song to 'he's better than me nan' - that should sort him out. Song related performance is the new sport science.

We need Bannan on the ball.

When he plays wider he needs to work harder to get on the ball and effect the game. For some reason in the first half he didn't work hard enough and didn't look to get on the ball as much. Then there was the odd daft flick in the wrong areas of the pitch 

5 minutes ago, jljs said:

If this is the case then we should change the words in his song to 'he's better than me nan' - that should sort him out. Song related performance is the new sport science.

not bothered what the song says, loved him last year, but to me he thinks he's the bees knees this season. Some reyt mistakes today, needs dropping to get his feet back on the ground.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Bannan has to play central to get the best out of him simple as that.

But so do Lee and Hutch/Jones and Carlos don't like 3 Central midfielders.

I honestly believe if Carlos can solve this riddle it will get us promoted.

I've pondered this riddle many times.

4-5-1 gets the best out of what we've got with all the short players in our squad.

4-4-2 is more of a traditional formation, carrying 2 strikers would require more strength in midfield

Fletcher-Hooper

Reach-McGugan-Lee-Palmer

^

It's not a bad option in all fairness

9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Bannan has to play central to get the best out of him simple as that.

But so do Lee and Hutch/Jones and Carlos don't like 3 Central midfielders.

I honestly believe if Carlos can solve this riddle it will get us promoted.

if you had to choose 2 players to play in centre mid out of lee,hutch and bannan who would you pick?

majority would pick lee and Hutchinson.

bannan doesn't work hard enough,is no goal threat and rarely tackles..needs benching for me

4 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

if you had to choose 2 players to play in centre mid out of lee,hutch and bannan who would you pick?

majority would pick lee and Hutchinson.

bannan doesn't work hard enough,is no goal threat and rarely tackles..needs benching for me

Bannan Lee every time for me.

Energy and creativity.

1 hour ago, Mickjj said:

He tends to concede possession cheaply by making poor passing decisions. As stated above he's below par compared to last season. 

Problem is, you make them mistakes when out wide you're more likely to gift the opposition a chance as it tends to fall to a fast, pacy winger who just runs past you.

Do it in his natural position, you have someone covering from all angles. But with two up top, how does he fit in? Lee is vital to the team, Hutch is also vital for that midfield general role. As someone else stated, 4-5-1 suits him with our current squad, 4-4-2 doesn't