Bannan needs to up his game

I know I'm going to get slated for this but bannan needs to up his game.  he was poor today.  has been average for most of this season and nowhere near as good as last season.   I'm sorry but I just don't get this love in from some of our fans when it comes to him at the moment.   more effort needed I'm afraid.  last ten minutes he was better but expect alot more from him.  disappointed 

3 minutes ago, tashton said:

I know I'm going to get slated for this but bannan needs to up his game.  he was poor today.  has been average for most of this season and nowhere near as good as last season.   I'm sorry but I just don't get this love in from some of our fans when it comes to him at the moment.   more effort needed I'm afraid.  last ten minutes he was better but expect alot more from him.  disappointed 

I understand what you are saying but he doesn't need to up his game as his position in the team isn't under threat. Look at FF for example underperforms and gets benched but comes back all guns blazing. This won't happen to BB. 

Bannan needs to play simple first and then worry about the flicks and tricks later, he got caugth a few times today. 

That said I don't think he was poor either, his ball for FF's first half run through and chance was pure perfection. 

Just now, Greenhgate Owl said:

the Barry bannan song is cringe worthy

he is a top 6 championship player but no where near a premier league player

If you want all songs to be factual I hope you've got your writing pen out. 

Really rate him as a player, has been fantastic for us since we signed him, hard to fault the lad.

But in our current 4411 formation complete waste playing him LM, much rather have any other proper winger playing there. CC forcing him into the side just because he's a big fan isn't making us a more balanced side.

Going forward we HAVE to play Lee/Hutchinson in the middle with either Reach/Wallace/Buckley/Matias on the flanks.