Team for Ipswich

Think pudils too slow for orthodox full back

Westwood

Lees  Hutch  pudil

Palmer Jones lee bannan

Fessi  Fletch reach

343 Like chelsea or bearing in mind milner a right footed midfielder did a job for liverpool at left back go for 2 wingers:

Wwood

Palmer  lees hutch bannan (lwb)

Buckley jones  lee reach

Fessi fletch

Westwood

Hutch      Lees       Pudil

Hunt         Lee        Jones      Reach  

FF

Fletcher     Hooper

I'd like to see us play this system, but i can't see Carlos ever playing a back 3.

I don't think we should leave Jones out because he's an important player for us now. Every successful team needs at least one defensive midfielder.

I have no idea.

Can pick holes in most of the teams picked but can't pick one myself!

I don't miss many games , home or away, and I think we just try and be too clever sometimes, not only changing the team but changing tactics too much . Makes it hard for the players.

So

- I would stick with Pudil at full back , with Reach in front of him.

- Ipswich are exactly the type of side we need to play Jones against, even at home

- we have to stop this recent fad of playing Lee wide. We need his forward runs in the middle of the pitch where he links with the forwards and gets in the box. Nobody else makes these and Lee can be a goal threat

- Up front. Two from 3 but no idea which 2 . As with Jones , Fletcher is an experienced, battle hardened pro who we need on the pitch against teams like Ipswich. We need to remember he made a big impact up front before babygate 

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Needs a run of games wide left or right. Better than Wallace or BB in that role.

Yeah we need a more attacking line up for tomorrow and Fessi should be playing deeper imo.

I expect we'll play 4-4-2 so i think it's a good time to try Fessi and Reach on the wings. I think Fletcher and Hooper should be up front.

I can see us scoring a few if we play that way, but Jones must play to protect the defence. 

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

westwood

hunt

lees

hutch

reach

wallace

lee

bannan

forestieri

fletcher

hooper

I doubt though that carlos will agree....

This but FF on the right, Bannan on the left and Jones in the middle with Lee...3 points nailed on

FF can play anywhere

2 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Yeah we need a more attacking line up for tomorrow and Fessi should be playing deeper imo.

I expect we'll play 4-4-2 so i think it's a good time to try Fessi and Reach on the wings. I think Fletcher and Hooper should be up front.

I can see us scoring a few if we play that way, but Jones must play to protect the defence. 

My feelings entirely.

If we cant go genuine 442 against this lot, when can we?