Where are you @ with Carvalhal?

Its amazing how many people myself included wanted to give Stuart Gray another season, we all thought he deserved it..Now?

The only manager to take us to Wembley in 25 years is under pressure 8 games in.

Gray got slated for being too timid and playing for draws..."May as well win one lose lose one as draw all the time."..Well thats what we have, allayed to the best football we have seen for many a year.

We and DC ought to be careful what we wish for, 

Wednesday played some bright stuff yesterday, Birmingham did to us what we did to Bristol City, its the nature of the whole bloody league isn't it?

Where and who are the alternatives?..do we really want to risk it , at this stage?

No-One since Atkinson has been able to change games like Carvalhal...and no-one before him since maybe Catterick...yea that far back...So what are the chances?

Abdi..maybe a costly mistake..maybe he will find his feet, Reach looks a good prospect ...I honestly don't understand the nervy posts...

The Championship has got harder, it will continue to get harder as more money is given to the league above...So we have to f.ookin' sprint to virtually tread water...It takes time!

If DC had any sense in my opinion, he would come out and publically back Carlos, cos we are well in danger of throwing the Abdi out with the f.ookin' Danny Batth water

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its amazing how many people myself included wanted to give Stuart Gray another season, we all thought he deserved it..Now?

The only manager to take us to Wembley in 25 years is under pressure 8 games in.

Gray got slated for being too timid and playing for draws..."May as well win one lose lose one as draw all the time."..Well thats what we have, allayed to the best football we have seen for many a year.

Wednesday played some bright stuff yesterday, Birmingham did to us what we did to Bristol City, its the nature of the whole bloody league isn't it?

Where and who are the alternatives?..do we really want to risk it , at this stage?

No-One since Atkinson has been able to change games like Carvalhal...and no-one before him since maybe Catterick...yea that far back...So what are the chances?

Abdi..maybe a costly mistake..maybe he will find his feet, Reach looks a good prospect ...I honestly don't understand the nervy posts...

The Championship has got harder, it will continue to get harder as more money is given to the league above...So we have to f.ookin' sprint to virtually tread water...It takes time!

If DC had any sense in my opinion, he would come out and publically back Carlos, cos we are well in danger of throwing the Abdi out with the f.ookin' Danny Batth water

Excellent & very well put.

11 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Great last point :laugh:

Wolves beat newcastle, Villa struggling, Barnsley dip...and its a surprise!!!..Its a f.ookin' surprise that Barnsley dip...!!!

The Championship is a bloody cage fight...You need a manager who can adapt when it starts to go T @ts..It went T8 ts too late to do owt about yesterday...up until the last 15 minutes we were comfy...You can do f.ook all about it in that time!

I hope DC doesn't whitter too much about his 2 year promise, cos it was optimistic to say the least...Carlos Carvahals magnificent first season could well be the cross we nail him up on...thats not only ungrateful...in my opinion..its an inch offa stupid

Wolves beat newcastle, Villa struggling, Barnsley dip...and its a surprise!!!..Its a f.ookin' surprise that Barnsley dip...!!!

The Championship is a bloody cage fight...You need a manager who can adapt when it starts to go T @ts..It went T8 ts too late to do owt about yesterday...up until the last 15 minutes we were comfy...You can do f.ook all about it in that time!

I hope DC doesn't whitter too much about his 2 year promise, cos it was optimistic to say the least...Carlos Carvahals magnificent first season could well be the cross we nail him up on...thats not only ungrateful...in my opinion..its an inch offa stupid

He reminds me of a more charismatic , Portuguese version of an England manager. Good players at his disposal but a surfeit of midfielders and a tendency to set up to try and fit 4 central midfielders into the team rather than play players in position. 

And favourites,  oh boy favourites. 

27 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

He reminds me of a more charismatic , Portuguese version of an England manager. Good players at his disposal but a surfeit of midfielders and a tendency to set up to try and fit 4 central midfielders into the team rather than play players in position. 

And favourites,  oh boy favourites. 

Who would you say were his favourites then?

7 hours ago, dnhc said:

IF you take away the first 15 minutes of the game when we were dominant, could you not see our weaknesses?

do you not see that the sure fire solid defence as it once was is more vulnerable?

can you not see we're not putting chances away?

can you not see we've bought a shipload more of what we had, and are playing them anywhere to get them in?

f*** me, i'm expecting a midfielder playing in the band next...

can you not see that our lightweight m/f invites physical challenges in that they are not equipped to cope with?

can you not see that certain sides have our number?

can you not see we don't have a plan B, C, or D?

can you not see that southern european football won't wash sufficiently in the championship to get you up with our referee's?

stop trying to gloss over our failure to move on tactically, stop trying to avoid our wasteful spending in the window that didn't address the shortfalls in our squad effectively...

he has to adapt or fail, if he fails he'll be looking for his 14th. job in 16 years...

and he doesn't speak like a man who's up for adapting for me, and money spent he doesn't look like he has the squad to adapt either...

time will tell, but i think the stuttering will carry on...

Not avoiding anything. I don't disagree completely with what your saying and Carlos is certainly not immune from criticism (most the points you make are totally unrelated to what I was saying). 

However my point still stands. The Westwood incident isn't something that happens regularly and was a bit of a freak occurrence, if it didn't happen yesterday we would have won imo and this thread doesn't exist as we would have won 3 in a row. 

There is an area in between being totally against the manager and blindly sticking up for him you know. I am in the middle at the minute but find some fans just react when we lose (or win as there are others over the top the other way). There have been a few who wanted Carlos sacked after 2 defeats, hence me making the point about how reactionary some fans are. As soon as we have a rough patch they want to change manager. I think Carlos has earnt a little longer.