Official Owls Deadline Day Thread Rumours & Done Deal.

3 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

What makes you so sure we haven't brought him in to play in a 3-5-2, if you read Carlos's books you;ll know it's a system he prefers.

In fact I reckon our recruitment this summer has been geared around it.

Weshall... I like you... but I have Carlos' book open on my laptop right now, and nowhere does he mention 3-5-2... or am I missing something very obvious? 

The only tactical formation he discusses is 4-3-3

6 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Not sure about Hendrick he was decent at this level to be fair but Robson-Kanu wasn't even good at this level. All Robson-Kanu as ever done is have a couple of half decent performances and a couple of goals for Wales and that's about it. A bit of a baffling signing for WBA to make. 

Not really much of a risk is it? He was a free agent and can't be on much money. 

The bigger risk is their other activity (or lack of). 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I notice Derby signed Vydra but have shipped out Chris Martin who I think is a very good player.

clearly downsized in the GK dept too by shipping grant out and playing Chris Weale. FFP obviously causing a concern there. 

The £10 million they got for Hendrick will probably keep them clear of any trouble, which is a shame as the business they've done in the last few windows has been utterly ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Only the tactical nous of Pulis will save WBA this season. Looks a desperate squad to me.

I agree mate, don't mind WBA as a club personally, just think they'll probably be lucky that there's probably a few poor teams that will be their saving grace.

3 minutes ago, Oliver said:

Not really much of a risk is it? He was a free agent and can't be on much money. 

The bigger risk is their other activity (or lack of). 

Aye, I agree they haven't done enough and that it's not a big risk, just mean he's not even good or barely good enough for this level let alone top flight level. 

16 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

So you're not confident enough to back what you say with anything more than words, OK, that's fine

If you won, you'd have more money for beer! 

All I'll say is, there's no way we've just forked out a club record figure of £5 million on a known attacking winger to put him at left back for the season. 

I just don't wanna see you lose out on money that's all ;) 

He's so well known that quite a few, me included, have wondered who he is

Don't take away the music

Posted at23:33

Strangest story of deadline day comes from Italy's Rai Sport.

It claims that Serie A side Chievo tried to sign former Southampton and Juventus striker Dani Osvaldo, but he told them he had retired from football to focus on his music career.

lol

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I just don't wanna see you lose out on money that's all ;) 

He's so well known that quite a few, me included, have wondered who he is

Hang on... you don't know who he is but claim to know enough about him to say he'll play more at left back than in midfield? :wacko:

He's only got 100 Championship appearances to his name! (Of which, according to Transfermarkt, 66 were made at left wing, compared to only 12 at left back)

Just now, gurujuan said:

So that was what we've been waiting for A lot of fuss over nothing

Reach is hardly nothing though to be fair mate. 

He's ideal for us with his versatility, pace and crossing ability.

He can cover a couple of positions and despite the price tag he's a very good signing I reckon.

We could've done with another defender or two and maybe some physicality and height or another striker but we should be happy

keeping a hold of our best players, and bringing in the likes of Abdi; Fletcher, Jones, Buckley and Reach in during this window.  

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So that was what we've been waiting for A lot of fuss over nothing

Nothing?! DC broke our record today. You just sound like one.