Official Owls Deadline Day Thread Rumours & Done Deal.

Just now, Bigger Guns said:

Very pleased with the reach signing. I was hoping for another left back though. Imagine if Pudil breaks his leg next week then we're stuck with a £5m man at left back for the season. He needs to be on the wing

He's a LB/LM. He'll play at full back more than the wing I reckon

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

When we have Forestieri in his position as well? We needed a LB and we got one, he'll definitely play there more than what everyone thinks he will.

Coming from the guy who thinks Hutch is no good, while everyone else thinks he's been one of our best players so far this season

Go on, this should be easy money for you if you're that confident, and £100 will pay for your car tax for 3 months. 

I'll even throw in another bet... £20 that, if he starts against Wigan, he'll start in midfield rather than in defence (barring an injury to Pudil during the next week and a half that sees him unable to even make the bench, otherwise bet is void)

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Coming from the guy who thinks Hutch is no good, while everyone else thinks he's been one of our best players so far this season

Go on, this should be easy money for you if you're that confident, and £100 will pay for your car tax for 3 months. 

I'll even throw in another bet... £20 that, if he starts against Wigan, he'll start in midfield rather than in defence (barring an injury to Pudil during the next week and a half that sees him unable to even make the bench, otherwise bet is void)

When have I ever said Hutchinson is no good? I may have said he's the weak link of the squad, and he has been a top notch. In fact I voted him player of the month lol

Why would I wanna make a bet with you? I'd rather shuffle of the realist

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Why would I wanna make a bet with you? I'd rather shuffle of the realist

Because by the sounds of things from what you think it'd be an easy 100 quid for you.

Surely if I'm such an unlikable character you should be glad to take my money for nowt? :ph34r:

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Because by the sounds of things from what you think it'd be an easy 100 quid for you.

Surely if I'm such an unlikable character you should be glad to take my money for nowt? :ph34r:

Because i have better things to wager my money on. Like beer. You know, like a proper student does?

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Because i have better things to wager my money on. Like beer. You know, like a proper student does?

So you're not confident enough to back what you say with anything more than words, OK, that's fine

If you won, you'd have more money for beer! 

All I'll say is, there's no way we've just forked out a club record figure of £5 million on a known attacking winger to put him at left back for the season. 

11 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Willing to bet £100 he'll start more games in midfield than defence lol

What makes you so sure we haven't brought him in to play in a 3-5-2, if you read Carlos's books you;ll know it's a system he prefers.

In fact I reckon our recruitment this summer has been geared around it.

4 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

WBA complete the signing of Hal Robson-Kanu. They'll live to regret that one, just like Burnley will with Hendrick.

Not sure about Hendrick he was decent at this level to be fair but Robson-Kanu wasn't even good at this level. All Robson-Kanu as ever done is have a couple of half decent performances and a couple of goals for Wales and that's about it. A bit of a baffling signing for WBA to make.