FF Agent

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I'm afraid that Dejphon has a lot to learn about football in this country, TO. Sadly, it doesn't work like that here. The players have the power, not the owner. I assume that Chansiri wants to get to the Premier League. Well he ain't going to get there by losing his prize asset. Nor will fans pay inflated ticket prices if they see the best player in the team go. Chansiri should have improved Forestieri's contract, as his value has tripled. And he should never have brought others in on more money than him. As Mandaric said of the new owner  - "He'll make mistakes". This is his first.

So we can't bring in any players and pay them more than FF, and if we do we have to give FF a more money? That's just ridiculous. 

FF is arguably the most gifted player in our squad, that doesn't mean he's the most important. When you start pampering to premadonas is when you start losing the dressing room. Whether fletcher is worth more or not is not an argument either - CC wanted Fletcher, him and DC knew they'd have to make him the best paid player at the club so they did. Their decision, not Fletcher's fault either. 

Guest Deleted member
41 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

It's still guesswork. 

Folk are discussing points as though they are fact whe nobody knows anything. 

Totally agree.. nobody actually knows barring about half a dozen

I know something. That is learnt something, that is the first time we came up against him, he was a gem and tore us a new backside. We didn't covet him because he was way out of our league. None the less we knew he was a class act. Then I don't know how but Watford priced him at what we believe to be £3 mill and we were laughing our socks off.

So sit down time came and went, presumably with his agent in attendance, The wage was agreed the duration was agreed, it would appear no release clause was agreed so we got a great deal 4 years. We loved it, the club loved it, the agent loved it, FF loved it he couldn't stop smiling.

FF is 26 he'll be 29/30 when his contract runs out. I'm pleased to see DC playing hard ball, we have paid well for a bullet proof contract it seems.

Personally I want to keep him but the cost of replacement at this time would be north of £20 Mill. So if offered FF should take what is on offer within the clubs pay structure bearing in mind there will be reviews on offer once our goal is achieved.    

18 hours ago, Freshfish said:

Seems it's Lucas Cominelli. I'm wondering if CC, when said the other day that an agent had approached him about a player and he told him to go away and that he only talks to players, meant this bloke.

Maybe he's got all @rsey and been bending FF's ear about how he knows better because of him one being a player. He also played for Newcastle and it seems, although based in Nottingham, they have an office in Gateshead.

I think it's called unsettling a player and trying it on. 

Only live a few miles from him (Lucas Cominelli).

Shall I go and 'sort him out'?

lol

21 hours ago, timrud said:

Fletcher bought the Lamborghini out of his own money

Not out of SWFC's money paid to him? Sunderland's money? Seriously if an ordinary footballer like Fletcher is driving a Lamborghini, fans are being definitely ripped off. Check his cv and goals scored. FF may hit further heights, Fletcher's best days are behind him such as they were.

Just now, victorturner said:

Not out of SWFC's money paid to him? Sunderland's money? Seriously if an ordinary footballer like Fletcher is driving a Lamborghini, fans are being definitely ripped off. Check his cv and goals scored. FF may hit further heights, Fletcher's best days are behind him such as they were.

Rubbish .

Putting aside the question of how everyone and his dog seems to know the exact details of what a private company pays particular employees.

If all he wants is a payrise, why act in such a way that the club can't possibly aquiesce without public embarrasment, setting a terrible precedent and looking like they are caving in to petulant unprofessional behaviour?  

He is one of our best players, maybe MARGINALLY the best, but does that mean we shouldn't ever be able to sign anyone better? Would he maybe like it if we rename the stadium after him whilst we are at it?

Guest Deleted member
10 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Are you pretending to be ITK how much FF is paid?

Eh??

I was referring to CC, DC, FF, his agent, Glenn Loovens and probably Bully

Way to jump to a ridiculous conclusion though

16 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I'm afraid that Dejphon has a lot to learn about football in this country, TO. Sadly, it doesn't work like that here. The players have the power, not the owner. I assume that Chansiri wants to get to the Premier League. Well he ain't going to get there by losing his prize asset. Nor will fans pay inflated ticket prices if they see the best player in the team go. Chansiri should have improved Forestieri's contract, as his value has tripled. And he should never have brought others in on more money than him. As Mandaric said of the new owner  - "He'll make mistakes". This is his first.

Quite the opposite. Ambitious clubs have to constantly buy slightly better and better players.

DC is doing us proud by digging deeper into his pockets. It is he who should be getting praise. Certainly not the player who schat on the club.

I don't think I can fully comprehend that this was agent inspired. It doesn't make sense. The contract was signed less than a year ago; Are we to believe that FF hired an agent who didn't give a release clause a second thought. Maybe he forgot... Whatever, clause or no clause...If it exists no one has triggered it ! 

Not even sure a release clause would stand the test of a court action as it renders the contract meaningless may as well print header or footer 'Without Prejudice'.

17 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

On hindsightI'd say Mr C got itabout right, would seem FF has learnt a bit..

27 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I don't think I can fully comprehend that this was agent inspired. It doesn't make sense. The contract was signed less than a year ago; Are we to believe that FF hired an agent who didn't give a release clause a second thought. Maybe he forgot... Whatever, clause or no clause...If it exists no one has triggered it ! 

Not even sure a release clause would stand the test of a court action as it renders the contract meaningless may as well print header or footer 'Without Prejudice'.

Mate, just go back to those fantasies about TS, you'll enjoy life much more, time's moved on FFS...

17 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

You're just completely wrong.

50 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Release clauses are pointless anyway ad Liverpool showed when they just rejected the arsenal bid for suarez even though they'd bid the required amount.

Maybe FF does have a release clause but DC has thought roger it and just rejected it? Perhaps this is a reason as to why he is annoyed

In FF we have a player who clearly is/was underpaid. That is indisputable. The fans who say "if he goes I want £12 million, and not a penny less", are the same fans who say he should honour is contract. But his contract is one apt for a £3.5 million player. We can't have it both ways. Basically, what's happened is that in the last 12 months his value has increased threefold, but his contract has not. Lees' contract was only improved once it was clear that he was being courted by others, so it's happened before. I'm not condoning what FF did in any way, but it's clear that Chansiri left the club exposed. Carlito is angry with FF, but I bet that privately he's not best pleased with his chairman either.