FF Agent

6 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

This is my take on it. Might be right or wrong but it seems to me something along these lines:

A modern footballer signs a new four year contract on bigger money due to a very good first season at a new club. This club then brings in players of equal quality to boost it's chances of promotion the following season and the said player get's jealous of the new players coming in on bigger contracts. So the greedy modern footballer and his greedy agent engineer a move, despite the club not wanting to sell any player, especially not to any promotion rivals. The player and the agent either get the move they want to the mega rich Premier League or they get a bigger contract because the club won't boost a promotion rival. Either way it's all about greed and just proves yet again that modern football is all about money.

That's pretty much my take on it too.

35 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Personally I don't think any bids have come in for him. I think players of perceived higher caliber have come in such as Fletcher and his friend Abdi on more money and his agent has engineered "interested clubs" in order to get him more money. 

Quite possibly the most plausible explanation but that's just the issue... we don't have a full 100% explanation and will unlikely get one or be seen to deserve one as fans.

Just now, robster_owl said:

Quite possibly the most plausible explanation but that's just the issue... we don't have a full 100% explanation and will unlikely get one or be seen to deserve one as fans.

Agreed. I don't expect we'll ever have hard facts whichever way it goes.

30 minutes ago, Pete Stothard said:

Maybe FF just doing what his agent tells him to do

Whilst he's a grown adult, I said to somebody last night that the issue with people who charge money for services and their advice; you expect them to do their full 100% of said service and job for you. Financial service providers are the worst.

However, how many times have we (forget the level of money involved for a minute) fans, paid for services that have turned in to a right nightmare and even when we had gut feelings, it's not always that black and white to get out, sack the company off and so forth... WPlayer springs to mind and how many still use it... we're all grown adults and should know better... right?

I know nothing about agent contracts with players but can imagine the agents have players over a barrel in their ability to take recourse against them during a live contract?

I'm NOT defending his or his agents actions per se, just pointing out that life is seldom as simple as it seems on the periphery of a situation... for anybody on this planet.

Edited by robster_owl

No bids are coming, this is his agent's rouse to get a better deal for FF and himself thru FF' commission.

I would sit them down after transfer window closes and say if you make a public apology to the players and fans, give 100% game in game out, then look to re-negotiate a better deal at the end of the season.

Keeps 99.9% of people happy, and if we get promoted all contracts will prob get reviewed anyway..

Can't see us not offering a contract in comparison to the rest of the high earners- if this is so. I mean why wouldn't we pay one of our best players best wages, whether he sighed a 4 year deal last summer or not. Therefore, the more likely explanation is he's had his head turned. 

59 minutes ago, Del_Liles said:

As per Rob Staton's Twitter....makes things even more interesting.

I think the penny has dropped that both agent and client have dropped a b0ll@ck, agent suddenly realised DC will play hard ball.

If it is something perceived by most as being pretty pathetic, like someone getting a better car or a better contract and if FF has been stropping around training for the past few weeks riding his bike to make a statement etc, then it would not be surprising if the rest of the team may have turned against him.

This may explain the sudden change in desire to stay at the club and the "personal reasons" quote from his agent. Perhaps the team has turned against him hence why his agent has started tapping up other clubs and why he refused to travel/play.

Sounds like it could be something which has escalated way out of proportion and is now way out of control. Some one in another post was acting ITK and said last night the FF thing was not completely over and that he could play for us again. It would be a relief but pretty embarrassing for the club.

Balls to it, sapping too much of my time, energy and sanity this.

If he ends up staying and DC, CC, Bullen and the rest of the team are willing to forgive to get this team to the Prem, with FF in it - so be it, time will heal this rift.

If it's deemed he's surplus due to his and his agents actions, as much as I've marvelled and I'm going to have one incredibly upset 6 yr old on my hands... We will move on and hopefully we will have a replacement who is believe it or not, better than FF (stranger things have happened, remember DC is known for surprises and doing things off the cuff).

Now off to do some gardening, time to chill and just say "What will be will be".

Bring on Tuesday night next.

40 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Maybe this behaviour is normal in Argentina, maybe FF didn't realise how this would go down with the supporters.

I am sure we will get somewhere close to the truth soon.

His house would've been burnt down in Argentina. Fans pretty much run the clubs over there.

Guest wilyfox
Just now, thebrap11 said:

His house would've been burnt down in Argentina. Fans pretty much run the clubs over there.

Cool. gary megson

Guest Deleted member

Recently Tom Lees was reportedly the subject of a £5m bid from Burnley, who offered to pay him £25k a week.

The club agreed to match his wage offer and he stayed. This means Lees is on around £0.5million a year more than FF.

If I was FF I'd probably feel I deserved at least the same money as Lees

There's no way I'd withdraw labour like he has, presumably that's down to culture, or his agent, but he is pressing his point.

FF is by some distance the star of our team. He should be paid accordingly.

Edited by Deleted member