Forestieri

1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

How replaceable is FF with two weeks notice even if we got a silly offer?

Our best player and not replaceable in this window. Pay him what he's worth or wave bye bye to promotion (yes to me he is that important)

by pay him what he's worth do you mean pay him what he wants .........its sets a terrible precidence doing that .they'd be players and there agents queing at chansiri,s door demanding that they are playing well and want more money .....i'm sure chansiri for all his money has a budget worked out for the year and to blow it out of the water for players demanding pay rises coz so and so's got one is a recipe for disaster .

Guest wilyfox
Just now, S_W_F_C said:

In the long term maybe not but in 2-3 weeks he is. FF is our best player and integral to our chances this season.

To sell him now would be absolute madness unless he is seeking a wage beyond what we can pay. I suspect there are players earning more than him (Fletcher and Hooper) and quite rightly he wants parity.

..and I'm sure he'll get it. He's earned a place amongst our top earners, in my opinion. I suspect the Derby thing can be dismissed out of hand simply because they're a promotion rival. But, back to the original point...he could be replaced.

50 minutes ago, torryowl said:

wow ......so he signs a 4 year contract then after a year he wants an improved one , so what happens in another years time does demand yet another ........if we have to keep giving him pay rises every year to ensure he keeps giving his all then i think its probably best if we get shot now .

That's why they get offered silly money contracts so they don't keep knocking on the chairman's door every year, or the clubs sells the player on. Things do change once the player hits a certain age though, the tables turn and it's the clubs that start to offer short contracts and reduced terms.

Unfortunately it's modern football and the English football pyramid is the worse of the lot at it. It's in the agents interest to keep the player moving / signing new contracts, look at pogba's agent pocketing 20 mil.

Edited by Stevelknievel

Guest wilyfox

Could we replace him before 31st August with a player guaranteed to bring the level of consistency FF does. I say no.

A year ago, FF didn't have his consistent level of performance before joining us. Was in and out of the picture at Watford. His stock has risen over the last 12 months. His possible replacement could follow suit, even if you dismiss their names. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

A year ago, FF didn't have his consistent level of performance before joining us. Was in and out of the picture at Watford. His stock has risen over the last 12 months. His possible replacement could follow suit, even if you dismiss their names. 

This is true. 

He was always a bit-part player at Watford despite his undoubted talent. 

Prior to joining them he'd had quite a nomadic existence as a footballer. 

In saying that he's a class act and is producing the best football of his career with us. 

Losing him to a Premier League club for instance would be a blow, but you could probably understand why. 

Selling him to Derby on the other hand would be absolutely bonkers on our part. 

Be staggered if it happened. 

The fact big money (7mil way off the mark btw)  is coming in for our players is gonna be the norm I am afraid, Derby are in disarray and a mess over the fact that they brought in Bradley Johnson in as their spearhead for promotion (at 6million club record)

We must get used to this, We’re not talking Donny Rovers buying Tommy Spur we’re talking about unsettling what rivals see as the best players in the league.

Derby are looking to tout players to keep fans happy,

Forestieri can only leave if the club decide to sell him,

He may want to leave, He may even have a desired club he wants to go to but the fact of the matter is SWFC are the only ones to sanction any move,

A refusal of a new contract by him would unnerve me slightly but for me this is a saga what is likely to end in the preference for more money by the player,

Lets keep our squeaky bum times nice and tight for when we are holding onto a one-nil lead at Carrow rd Saturday rather than this matter,

Edited by Dazblur

Guest wilyfox

I will also add this. If we flogged him tommorow for 15m what happens when we come knocking on another clubs door for their FF.

The price goes up. The chances of us replacing him in 2-3 weeks and that player having the same impact as FF are slim to none.

That is where you'd probably end up having to replace him with a slightly different type of player; perhaps a more orthodox winger, choosing from our 4 other centre-forwards up top. 

11 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Two words

promotion suicide

But suicide is self inflicted. 

Neither CC or DC want to sell any of our stars, and certainly not Fernando. If he goes it is because he wants to go.

And who is irreplaceable...Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Ince, Drogba....their clubs licked their wounds, bought well, and succeeded. Have you seen anything in Carlos or Chansiri to suggest they would wither and die?

Edited by Holmowl