Forestieri

If out intentions are top 2 this season, as they should be. There isn't a chance we'll sell Forestieri at any price. Especially to a rival ffs!

7m is ridiculous when you consider the money McCormack went for. Forestieri is far more influential in games, scores his fair share, lays on assists not to mention the age difference. In this market a player like Forestieri couldn't be replaced for anywhere near 7m. Id probably say his value is treble that sum. 

I don't buy this nonsense about Forestieri being unsettled either. Probably just agent talk hoping for a better deal. Considering the season he had last year you have to say he probably warrants a better contract.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Go on then, who would we find as a direct replacement in 21 days who would fit into our wage structure? I'm guessing we have a sub £40000 p/w ceiling.

I could list 4 names that immediately spring to mind, but what would be the point? You'd dismiss them instantly. 

To gain promotion from this league (especially this season with the teams that got relegated) a team needs to keep their best players and add other players of at least equal skill. Not sell their best players. 

Derby are wanting to add a better player than they have already which shows their promotion aspirations. We have done the same with our additions. 

Selling to to a promotion rival is not an option. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I might or might not. I'm not a mind reader. We've had a few words but I respect your football knowledge.

Fair play. To be honest, at this point I'd rather cling to the hope FF will remain faithful to us. The time for recommending possible replacements would be if the worst happens. 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I wouldn't please give us the names. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

Fair play. To be honest, at this point I'd rather cling to the hope FF will remain faithful to us. The time for recommending possible replacements would be if the worst happens. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Very true. It's a narrow profile to fit at under 40k. And truthfully you'd probably come up with a few non e of us thought of. That's the love in done.

Edited by Costello 77

25 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Oh, I get hysterical, hysteria
Oh can you feel it, do you believe it?
It's such a magical mysteria
When you get that feelin', better start believin'
'Cause it's a miracle, oh say you will, ooh babe
Hysteria when you're near

Love Iron Maiden

7 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

My guess is he was pretty instrumental in convincing Abdi to sign for us. Hardly likely to move. 

Exactly!,

I thought this as well,

The fact we have brought in Abdi who could easily have gone to another prem club suggests Fessi was influential,

Derby making noises to unsettle Nakhi Wells at Huddersfield now. Seemingly Huddersfield fans getting worked up about that too.

But on FF..........

Reporter - "We've heard you've received a bid for Forestieri. Is this true?"

Carlos - " F**k off"

Reporter - "That's impolite, I'm only doing my job, can I speak to Mr Chansiri?"

Mr C - "Hello, how do you say in English, oh yes, F**k off"

Reporter - "I'll have a word with Fernando then"

Reporter - "Have you heard that Derby County have bid £7 million for you?"

FF - "Who?"

Reporter - "Derby County"

FF - "Never heard of them"

Reporter - "One of your main rivals"

FF - "Nope, not ringing a bell"

Reporter - "The Rams?"

FF - "Oh you mean the sheep shaggers?"

Reporter - "Erm, yes"

FF - laughing uncontrollably

Reporter - "Are you ok?"

FF - "And they bid how much?"

Reporter - "£7 milion. Are you interested? Is there anything you want to say?"

FF - Still laughing uncontrollably..... "A poxy £7 million? Do they have any old Watford players there?"

Reporter - "Dunno but are you interested?"

FF - "F**k off"

Reporter - "But Derby would be pleased to have you, they're looking to improve their striking options"

FF - " Oh, you should've just said so. Hold on."

FF - "Atdhe, hurry up, you might be interested, pick up the phone"

Atdhe - "Derby? The Sheep Shaggers? No thanks, they're sheeite. I'm to Ajax. Oh, and by the way. F**k off".