KITSTORM FRIDAY

17 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I mean that thing we had in the late 80s 

The pin stripes we had in the 80's were horrid because it was a white shirt with blue pin stripes. However the rare shirt we had in the early 60's which was blue with white pin stripes was very nice. I wouldn't mind a shirt based upon the 1960's butchers apron shirt. I'd be happy if it were and I'd buy it especially if it looks retro too. Whatever the shirt is like, I think retro would be best because of the new badge. However no matter what the shirt looks like, it will only be for one season as we'll have a new one for the 150th anniversary the following season. Hoping it's nice and retro.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

3 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

The pin stripes we had in the 80's were horrid because it was a white shirt with blue pin stripes. However the rare shirt we had in the early 60's which was blur with white pin stripes was very nice. I wouldn't mind a shirt based upon the 1960's butchers apron shirt. I'd be happy if it were and I'd buy it especially if it looks retro too. Whatever the shirt is like, I think retro would be best because of the new badge. However whatever shirt we have, will only be for one season as we'll have a new one for the 150th anniversary the following season.

That's the badge now or the foreseeable future. So do you think we should have a retro shirt very year because of it? :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

That's the badge now or the foreseeable future. So do you think we should have a retro shirt very year because of it? :biggrin:

It looked odd on that modern German or Derby kit. I just prefer retro kits and hardly ever buy modern ones. Although I do have last seasons, the children's hospital one and the last promotion shirt. But if I wear one of our shirts to games or on holiday it's always a old retro one because they look much nicer and are better made too. Just my personal taste and opinion but a lot of modern shirts are tacky, cheaply made and overpriced, and I wouldn't wear them.

3 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

It looked odd on that modern German or Derby kit. I just prefer retro kits and hardly ever buy modern ones. Although I do have last seasons, the children's hospital one and the last promotion shirt. But if I wear one of our shirts to games or on holiday it's always a old retro one because they look much nicer and are better made too. Just my personal taste and opinion but a lot of modern shirts are tacky, cheaply made and overpriced, and I wouldn't wear them.

Prefer retro myself.

Not keen on the blue butchers apron one though.

Also not keen on the badge and also think it looks out of place on a modern shirt.

17 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I can afford the shirt but not a bugatti. 

I know... I can't believe Bugatti have the nerve to charge that amount. I've liked bugattis for years and I'm just priced out by them. Bad PR

sorry, wrong thread, I thought this was another price moaning one! 

14 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

No wonder shares in toffs has gone through the roof lol

I've got a few Wednesday and Wales retro shirts and track suit tops from Toffs. But I also get a few retro shirts from the club online shop too. If I like the shirt despite it being modern I'll buy it, if it's not my taste I'll buy a retro shirt or something else from the club's online shop instead. Excited about the kit reveal but whatever it looks like it won't lessen my excitement for the new season. At the end of the day it's just a shirt and I've faith in Chansiri, that he wouldn't do anything inconsiderate like Tan or Cellino, etc and he'll make informed clever decisions based upon our wishes, the club's best interests and with the club's history in mind. Like how he brought back the original club badge.

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Hope the away 1 is the silver and purple like they had years ago. Have you a pic of that shirt by any chance  x

It would be a nice away kit. I'd be happy with that one too. The first Wednesday shirt I bought was a sponsor less version of the yellow and black away shirt we had in 1993.

Here is the silver and purple one for you and here's the butchers apron rare 1960's one I'm hoping might be the home shirt.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_sheffield_wednesday_1962-1963.gif

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_sheffield_wednesday_1986-1988-change.gif

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I predict this has been desperately rushed by Sondico after much pressure from us to get kit out for Sunday.

In 72 hours this site will be full of complaints about kit quality.

If it's the rumored blue shirt with very thin white pin stripes the shirt quality will be the least of the clubs worries.